IGNORED

2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National - Paris, France

lastings
Note: This thread is 2007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

US needs to get something going this morning. Not looking too sharp so far but we're only a few holes in. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

Whats wrong with Tiger? Walks the speed of a turtle.

They say he's fine, but maybe it's a bit of age showing, cold weather, stiffness, not playing too well.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

20 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

It’s really not difficult to see why guys don’t exactly flourish when playing with him. His grumpiness must be exhausting.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hazsa said:

It’s really not difficult to see why guys don’t exactly flourish when playing with him. His grumpiness must be exhausting.

Yeah, he's never struck me as a particular team player. He's played in most of these team events, but he's given off the impression of being an individualist that doesn't get into something as the RC as for instance Poulter or Reed. He enjoys his privacy and always has, which might give us more of those vibes. We don't know how he is in private with the rest of the team of course, but from the point of view of a TV spectator, I agree he doesn't look too inspired out there. Then you got Reed spraying it all over the course. Not looking like the sharpest US pair so far.

Tiger might lighten up for the singles, where he can do his own thing and just play golf. 

Well, he just made a putt there to get to just 1 down and pointed a finger at the crowds. Maybe that'll give him and Reed a boost.

*Dottie Pepper quote*

EDIT--That might be a bit unfair, since Europe just continues to perform more than the US chokes. By a slight margin.

Edited by Aguirre

"Witty golf quote."

• Administrator
1 hour ago, MacDutch said:

He’s got nowhere to go with Reed dropping yet again.

59 minutes ago, Hazsa said:

Seriously? Grumpiness? Huh?

I love how people see what they want to see.

And forget the last Presidents Cup And Ryder Cup.

When you’re winning, your team looks like it has chemistry. When you’re losing, it doesn’t. It’s that simple. 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

He’s got nowhere to go with Reed dropping yet again.

Seriously? Grumpiness? Huh?

I love how people see what they want to see.

And forget the last Presidents Cup And Ryder Cup.

When you’re winning, your team looks like it has chemistry. When you’re losing, it doesn’t. It’s that simple. 

Seriously. I’d have more fun playing with a fridge freezer. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Hazsa said:

Seriously. I’d have more fun playing with a fridge freezer.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

And Patrick Reed has been in his pocket on all but one hole so far. THAT is not fun.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Tiger's singles record is incredible in team events and even moreso outside of them. If anything is holding his pairings record back in these events, I'm willing to bet it's 75% his partner's performance, and not his own. My God, Fatrick has been AWFUL today.

"Witty golf quote."

Note: This thread is 2007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!