IGNORED

2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National - Paris, France

lastings
Note: This thread is 1987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bottom games are massive with the US finally making something happen. If they can get out of these with 1.5 or even a couple of points that’ll be huge going into this afternoon.

That was Spieth magic!

Edited by Hazsa

• Administrator

Man, the U.S. team just plays some shitty golf.

You want to see “chemistry?” Play better golf. Win matches.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Spieth and Thomas is a good pairing. They look the best of the US team so far. 

With Tiger and Reed not at their best and Moliwood fired up, it's a tough pair to beat. 

Kopeka and Finau has been hitting a bit too much from the rough today.

García seemed like a strange pick, but he's done his job so far. He's one of the guys in this era closer towards the top of the lists of most wins. Just a great RC player.

Reed drops the "motherf***er" after a missed shot. I don't mind passion and some expletives, but that just sounds out of place.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

7 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Spieth and Thomas is a good pairing. They look the best of the US team so far. 

Good observation. I mean, who else could have possibly come to that conclusion?

8 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Reed drops the "motherf***er" after a missed shot. I don't mind passion and some expletives, but that just sounds out of place.

Also, if you don't mind "passion" and some "expletives," how is that "out of place?"

"Witty golf quote."

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Zeph said:

With Tiger and Reed not at their best and Moliwood fired up, it's a tough pair to beat.

I'm not sure PReed would break 85 today. He hit it RIGHT of the water hazard on the hole he just played.

11 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Not out of place. Just a little unusual they left the mic open. PGA Tour players swear as much as anyone else.

Today it's the U.S. fans that should be saying that to him, though. Again, probably not breaking 85.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 minutes ago, Aguirre said:

Also, if you don't mind "passion" and some "expletives," how is that "out of place?"

I don't think I can explain it any better. "f***", "shit", "dammit" etc. I'd not mind. I know we don't hear most of it on TV, but that's my opinion, microphones or not.

Finau and Koepka is making it interesting after all.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

US keeping heat on in the top game. Half would feel like a loss in that game. We need to do the same in the bottom game. These last few holes are incredible!

Did Koepka just drive it 375 yards?

Edited by Hazsa

"Lot of golf left to go here," the NBC/GolfChannel crews remind us. And sure, I'm not giving up on watching. But please with you trying to secure your ratings. We all know how this is likely to end.

"Witty golf quote."

Ugly ugly morning matches.  Wtf has Reed been doing.  Any thoughts on him playing with his hero (TW) putting to much pressure on him?  Would seem like Tiger Koepka could be a good pairing.

Edited by laconic517

Rose/Stenson, Noren/ Hatton, Fleetwood/ Molinari, Garcia/ Casey my team for this afternoon.

But I imagine Mcilroy will play, maybe with Poulter in the last match.

Molinari hadn't won anything on his two previous RC appearances. Good to see him get it done this time.

Edited by Zeph

Great Golf from the Euro team .. Not so much U S A > U S A !!  

Mollywood about to wipe the floor with Tiger/scientist  ?? least no more Capt America (completely out of form for this comp)

I can't see EURO losing from here ... the bulk of the team playing out of their skins -

I think there will be a lot of Questions on USA selections ..esp around Bubba/Phil ...Coming in far too cocky on the back of Tigers win

Go Foxy Go

Unfortunately bubba earned his way on, he never plays well overseas though. Phil On the other hand...

At the end of the day the pairings have been bad more than the talent on the team. It’s like the US tries to get too cute with pairings and Democratic about playing everyone and not riding their best players. Europe in the other hand always does a good job of riding their strongest players and hiding their weakest. 

Note: This thread is 1987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!