IGNORED

2018 PGA Championship at Bellerive

iacas
Note: This thread is 2051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

I have about five "Tiger will get jealous" jokes, but I won't go there... :beer:

Who was the smokeshow greeting Tigs? Anyone see her pat him on the ass? Lol

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Who was the smokeshow greeting Tigs? Anyone see her pat him on the ass? Lol

Eh, she's ok. I've looked her up and seen pictures of her. She's decent, but not in Rickie or Jordan's fiancee category and she's no Elin.

Edited by ChrisP

• Administrator
6 hours ago, ChrisP said:

I think he’s swinging it just as well as he did in 2013 when he won POY. What’s kept him from moving to the next level is the putter, and that happens to a lot of guys when they get over 40. Phil’s putter is nowhere near as good as when he was in his 30s. Look at Ernie. Goosen another. Furyk doesn’t putt as well. Paddy. They were solid putters who lost that touch as they got older. So I don’t know if Tiger will ever come close to being the putter he was when he was in his prime.

He's gaining 0.288 strokes per round putting this year.

https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02564.html

In the ten years from 2003 to 2012, he gained:

1. 0.54
  2. 0.95
  3. 0.75
  4. 0.49
  5. 0.80
  6. 0.85
  7. 0.99
  8. 0.08
  9. 0.28
  10. 0.42

That's an average of 0.615. That's 0.327 strokes per round. Which isn't that much. It's a non-negligible amount, but it's a stroke per tournament.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
    Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
    Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
    1 hour ago, Zeph said:

66-66-64 is Tiger's best last 54 hole stretch in a major ever. By three shots. And he started this tournament with bogey and double bogey on hole one and two.

Wow.

1 hour ago, Zeph said:

Tiger will get solo second if Scott doesn't make his par. Should be another good climb up the OWGR. 

It's looking like 25th from what I've read on The Twitter.

@Groucho Valentine, care to comment on your earlier post? You ignored my post yesterday asking you about it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
    Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That was some pretty magical stuff going on out there today. So much for the PGA being the "least important" major! The way everybody was grinding out there you could tell they wanted it bad!

And what might Tiger have shot on the front if he'd been able to hit a fairway?!

Looks to me like Koepka is on his way to #1!

Koepka is getting better, post game, at winning majors.  He exhibits the same humility; but it sounds more sincere.  I'm starting to like this guy...

In der bag:
    Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

Wow.

It's looking like 25th from what I've read on The Twitter.

@Groucho Valentine, care to comment on your earlier post? You ignored my post yesterday asking you about it.

It is up there with his Mets prediction. 😁

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

PGA sometimes seems like the poor cousin of the Majors. Not this year. What a great tournament and exciting finish - well done to Koepka and amazing to see Tiger in it until the end....... 

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

3 hours ago, ChrisP said:

They won’t say it publicly but they want to end the Fed Ex Cup before football season because no one watches it.

FWIW, they've admitted that pretty publicly:

“We are extremely pleased with the way the schedule has come together, particularly with the number of changes that were involved and the strength of the partnerships required to achieve this new look,” said PGA TOUR Commissioner Jay Monahan. “It’s been our stated objective for several years to create better sequencing of our tournaments that golf fans around the world can engage in from start to finish. And by concluding at the end of August, the FedExCup Playoffs no longer have the challenge of sharing the stage with college and professional football. This will enhance the visibility of the FedExCup Playoffs and overall fan engagement with the PGA TOUR and the game as a whole.”

3 hours ago, flopster said:

Tiger was clearly disappointed, I think he knows deep inside he is still the best out there he just needs to straighten the driver out some and there it is.

I think he also knows that as good as he is, and as much as the success of his latest comeback surprised everyone (maybe even him!), his "window" is still closing.  He's still up there with the best in the world, but he is 42 years old.  At 26, you can look at a missed opportunity like Spieth and think, "OK - I'll get it next year".  At 42, you have to think, "Damn, how many more chances am I going to have to win a major on a Sunday?"

I really hope he gets one next year.  I forgot how fun golf is to watch with him playing well on a Sunday in a major.

- John

It's kind of like tennis, first Federer, then Nadal then the joker. 

Rory came on, then DJ, then Spieth, now Koepka. A lot of crazy talent out there. Unlike tennis though, majors aren't totally dominated by these guys see Reed and Molinari. Golf is hard. Golf is harder than tennis. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I enjoyed the course at Bellerive. They had some struggles with really low temperatures, then very high temperatures and finally lots of rain in the months leading up to the championship. I think they did a great job setting up the course. It did have a few too many doglegs left I think. Not just because Tiger can't hit a draw and his miss is usually right, but I think a perfect golf course has an equal number of holes which favors those who draw and those who fade. Some might say it played a bit easy, but I think it was fine. It creates some excitement with lots of birdie opportunities.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
    2 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

And say what? 

That, like always, you were so far off base it was laughable?

1 minute ago, iacas said:

That, like always, you were so far off base it was laughable?

:-$

Im sure you were punching at the keyboard to play gotcha after tigers first round.... After the fact gloating is 10 yr old shit, son. 

• Administrator
    Just now, Groucho Valentine said:

Im sure you were punching at the keyboard to play gotcha after tigers first round.... After the fact gloating is 10 yr old shit, son. 

Nah. That's the only time to do it. Logically, you can't point out how ridiculous a prediction was before you've seen the results.

Duh.

4 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

:-$

This is some 10 year old shit... Own up to what you say instead of ridiculing some one for calling you out... Of course if the outcome was different, you would not have been here saying, "I told you so..."

Edited by Valleygolfer
    • Like 2
    • Thumbs Up 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 2051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!