Note: This thread is 1103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Let me start by saying it is probably the nicest course I've played.   The conditions were immaculate.   The club house is very nice with a small pro shop and a very large restaurant area.   Our group sampled some of the food which was excellent, Salmon Caesar salad and Chicken quesadilla 

I booked our reservation online via their website.   They did require a credit card to secure the reservation but we paid individually at the pro shop.  

There are 3 9 hole courses

1-9 range from 2442 to 3585     Black/Gold/Blue/White/Green

9-18 range from 2464 to 3651

19-27 range from 2518 to 3584

We played 1-18 and when we finished were as excited about the course as we were before teeing off.    The 18th hole is an amazing finishing hole and shown on their website (the one displayed with the pond in front of the green)

The course is located very near to I-75 and Dixie Hwy in Clarkston.   

Shepherd's Hallow

(248) 922-0300

0725181827~2[1866].jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • @Shindig  - I totally agree with you. If someone is having 40 putts per round and chunks and skulls chips half the time, they need to solve those problems. But 50% of time NEGLECTING driving and iron play is no way to improve your golf long term. Just spend time working on those elements. The fact that a lot of high handicappers waste shots around the green does not mean that everyone has to "work on their  short game" half the time. And, as you said, 11 GIR is an indicator of 11 GIR, not much else a lot of the time. Throw in a couple of OBs, and balls in penalty areas and trees and you can expect a score anywhere between mid 70s and probably mid to high 80s, depending on the course. Not to mention are those GIRs really GIRs  - is it just 5 and 6 that were "close enough"? To say that 11 GIRs SHOULD  result in 73 is complete nonsense. My brother once had  around of 75 with no one putts.  He rarely breaks 80. One stat does not imply a score, no matter how you interpret it.
    • Day 158.  This morning I hit a dozen full shots (usual routine and place) with my 6-iron.   This afternoon, I began work on quarantine day 12 (trail arm throwing) -- without actually throwing the club.  Still, I can feel how this is different, and I'm going to go back and forth with this and full swing for a bit.
    • Day 36 (01 Aug 21) - More work on swing tempo focusing on getting a consistent 3:1 tempo.  
    • The above is the first I've heard of booster shots.  Hopefully I find a place to get one that doesn't involve over a half hour's drive to a city named Corona like my first two shots.
    • and, quoting the above: The line of best fit for the data of GIR vs score is 95 - 2 * GIR.  That's probably where @reidsou's number came from.   Note that, even if we treat it as the standard goal (I agree with you, as you'll see in a moment), an average 11-GIR round probably has one or two birdies thrown in, and I'd bet that most of those missed greens in such a round (again, for an average 11-GIR round) are probably very much near-GIR.  That having been said, there are some of us, such as the original poster on this thread and I, whose long game is such that more than seven GIR isn't unheard of (which that formula would "predict," if we use it to predict at least, a round in the 70s) but who still score in the 80s.  I even recently had a round with 9 GIR and a score of 90 -- which is why 95 - 2 *GIR isn't meant to predict any individual's score, but does still highlight the importance of GIR and ball striking. Which brings me to my next point, which is also @Shorty's next point:  yeah, 50% chipping and putting is not the way to go, certainly not long term.  Maybe with the goal of getting those traits to about an average 20-handicapper's level (without sacrificing approach shot strength), and then using the 15/20 time productively in future weeks to improve on them.  The nice thing about chipping and putting is that there is some low hanging fruit as far as getting competent goes, especially if one is building off the sort of short game shots that come from missing fewer than half of one's GIRs.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Architex
      Architex
      (51 years old)
    2. cygnusjen
      cygnusjen
      (48 years old)
    3. Garbz3
      Garbz3
      (72 years old)
    4. Joefree
      Joefree
      (38 years old)
    5. KurtActual
      KurtActual
      (36 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...