Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
iacas

Lexi Thompson Steps Away from the Game to Recharge

123 posts / 11433 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Irrelevant really. My pure speculative comment was that she’s taking time away and her fairly recent escapades with golf may have a large role in this. She may feel that she let this victim role go to far and her conscience is telling her she wishes she had just owned up to her ‘accident’ and said she honors golf and respects the field and accepts the penalty and wishes her fans would do the same. And I’m purely speculating this but that may take a toll on her young self.

Now you are way off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

1 hour ago, Valleygolfer said:

Now you are way off. 

Neither one of us know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I am trying to keep the two big V members here straight. @Vinsk is obsessed with Bernhard, and @Valleygolfer is with Lexi. I think that's it. 😛

OT. 😏

Edited by Vinsk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/lexi-thompson-caddie-part-ways-ahead-of-lpga-season-finale-according-to-report

 

Lexi has parted ways with her Caddie. Not many details. Also included this post:

  • lexi

    So this is a pretty personal post and some people might think it’s stupid or that I’m crazy but I’m going to share it anyway.... one of the biggest issues I’ve gone through is my self image/ body confidence. When I was really young, I just ate what I wanted to, didn’t care about fitness at all or what I weighed. Then as I slowly got into fitness seeing the results, I started getting crazy about it, seeing the attention I was getting, doing certain photo shoots I never thought I would. I was putting my body through brutal workouts twice a day not really eating because I thought that’s the way I would lose weight and weighing myself constantly. I would compare my self to these stick thin or fitness models on Instagram, tearing myself down because I didn’t have the toned stomach or the big butt. As a girl I know body confidence is a huge part of life and what we all go through. You think you’ll be happy once you get this certain body? But will you really be? Maybe more confident and by doing it the right way is how u need to go about it. The only way you’ll ever be truly happy though is if you love yourself first. But what I want to share is that your not alone in any of your struggles. And what I’ve learned is that I’m not going to deprive myself in the one life I get to live, I’m going to enjoy life and my food . You should never compare your body to others it’s a never ending battle of being miserable trust me. Your body is your body, it is beautiful so embrace it ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/lexi-thompson-caddie-part-ways-ahead-of-lpga-season-finale-according-to-report

 

Lexi has parted ways with her Caddie. Not many details. Also included this post:

  • lexi

    So this is a pretty personal post and some people might think it’s stupid or that I’m crazy but I’m going to share it anyway.... one of the biggest issues I’ve gone through is my self image/ body confidence. When I was really young, I just ate what I wanted to, didn’t care about fitness at all or what I weighed. Then as I slowly got into fitness seeing the results, I started getting crazy about it, seeing the attention I was getting, doing certain photo shoots I never thought I would. I was putting my body through brutal workouts twice a day not really eating because I thought that’s the way I would lose weight and weighing myself constantly. I would compare my self to these stick thin or fitness models on Instagram, tearing myself down because I didn’t have the toned stomach or the big butt. As a girl I know body confidence is a huge part of life and what we all go through. You think you’ll be happy once you get this certain body? But will you really be? Maybe more confident and by doing it the right way is how u need to go about it. The only way you’ll ever be truly happy though is if you love yourself first. But what I want to share is that your not alone in any of your struggles. And what I’ve learned is that I’m not going to deprive myself in the one life I get to live, I’m going to enjoy life and my food . You should never compare your body to others it’s a never ending battle of being miserable trust me. Your body is your body, it is beautiful so embrace it ❤️

1st world problems...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

34 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

1st world problems...

Lol. True. People get real touchy when the word 'millennial' is used. But..yeah. I know I don't know what's going on in her life. But really, she's young and getting to make a living playing golf. And making a lot more than most people her age. She has a whole hell of a lot to be grateful for. And there are millions out there who put in the same effort as she to have a more satisfying body and get a fraction of the results she has. Like I said, I don't know the details of her personal life and everybody has their troubles. But I do have a bit of a hard time feeling much sorrow for her. Maybe that's unfair but I just don't think she's got it as bad as she wants people to think she has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Lol. True. People get real touchy when the word 'millennial' is used. But..yeah. I know I don't know what's going on in her life. But really, she's young and getting to make a living playing golf. And making a lot more than most people her age. She has a whole hell of a lot to be grateful for. And there are millions out there who put in the same effort as she to have a more satisfying body and get a fraction of the results she has. Like I said, I don't know the details of her personal life and everybody has their troubles. But I do have a bit of a hard time feeling much sorrow for her. Maybe that's unfair but I just don't think she's got it as bad as she wants people to think she has. 

Yea I obviously agree. I think she just wants to eat Doritos and let herself go and not hear any shit about it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

55 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Yea I obviously agree. I think she just wants to eat Doritos and let herself go and not hear any shit about it...

Lol! That’s awesome. So odd she states she has a ‘body image issue’ yet never fails to post numerous pics of herself striking poses. I guess she expects us to feel how painful it is for her to see Blair, Paige and Paulina smoke showing the slide shows while she’s just doing the best she can. I’m just not really a fan of hers at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

56 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Lol! That’s awesome. So odd she states she has a ‘body image issue’ yet never fails to post numerous pics of herself striking poses. I guess she expects us to feel how painful it is for her to see Blair, Paige and Paulina smoke showing the slide shows while she’s just doing the best she can. I’m just not really a fan of hers at all. 

I don’t think that having body image issues and posting an occasional bikini pic are at odds. You don’t have to be a fan to have some sympathy here.

I hope she sorts this out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

1st world problems...

If you've had a daughter, or other female family member, with serious body image issues, I don't think you'd say this. Not saying that Lexi has serious issues, but these issues can be very serious and even deadly.

33 minutes ago, iacas said:

I hope she sorts this out.

Same here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, chspeed said:

If you've had a daughter, or other female family member, with serious body image issues, I don't think you'd say this. Not saying that Lexi has serious issues, but these issues can be very serious and even deadly.

Same here.

This is true. However I do feel those who suffer from body image issues who are obese, cystic acne, eczema, psoriasis, losing their hair can develop serious issues and it can be deadly as you said. I'm just saying, and perhaps unfairly, that Lexi has a wonderful support system (as she's said), she's wealthy, she's young, successful, and has an outstanding physical, athletic body. I'm being crass in that I suspect her 'issue' is more of a 'I deserve to have the best and it's not fair I don't look like those models' millennial attitude. I obviously would never wish any ill will on anyone who suffers from a true case of this. Lexi played the victim as we all know. I am suspect of her 'issue' is all I'm saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

1st world problems...

 

13 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Lol. True. People get real touchy when the word 'millennial' is used. But..yeah. I know I don't know what's going on in her life. But really, she's young and getting to make a living playing golf. And making a lot more than most people her age. She has a whole hell of a lot to be grateful for. And there are millions out there who put in the same effort as she to have a more satisfying body and get a fraction of the results she has. Like I said, I don't know the details of her personal life and everybody has their troubles. But I do have a bit of a hard time feeling much sorrow for her. Maybe that's unfair but I just don't think she's got it as bad as she wants people to think she has. 

Let's be careful here. Anorexia is a real disease that has claimed many lives, some very successful and some very poor. I'm not sure if she has that issue, but her comments lead me to guess that she may have been heading down that road,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Harsh viewpoints from @Vinsk and @Valleygolfer . I wish her strenght with her battle. Looks like she is unhappy to say the least. Never underestimate what the mind does to your mental health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

Harsh viewpoints from @Vinsk and @Valleygolfer . I wish her strenght with her battle. Looks like she is unhappy to say the least. Never underestimate what the mind does to your mental health.

Yes I was harsh and apologize. I sometimes vent my frustrations here and it wasn’t fair I speculated her problem to be baseless. @boogielicious You’re right. That is a possibility based on what she has said. Anyway, sorry guys. It was too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2020 TST Partners

    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
  • Posts

    • Does it have to be beating them?  A very fond memory of mine, from about two years into my time playing golf, was playing with a much better player and matching his score on three holes (two pars and a birdie).  I am 100% certain he beat my scores on the remaining holes.  Just the same, the (much much much) better player was super encouraging to me the whole day, but I particularly remember him complimenting those three.  
    • Day 46.  If today is Tuesday, this must be Belgium speed sticks day.  Protocol one in my back yard this evening.  Green at the end was 113, a new record.  Although it occurs to me, I'm supposed to continuously set new personal bests. 
    • So with it being the offseason still, I find myself reading and watching a lot of topics on the sport. Lately i came across Scott Fawcett and his strategy for teebox decisions. YouTube has a few videos of his but basically, for people who drive it over 270 pretty consistently, gameplanning should consider any trouble that is within a 70 yard dispersion. Now I already have gamegolf so i can see some dispersion patterns but I obviously dont tag the shots where I completely lose a ball so data is missing. I decided to go to a sim bay using a GCQuad and did a 15 shot driver test. In the end I averaged 268 off the tee in total distance. However off those 15 shots....3 were massive misses of 45, 52, and 60 yards offline. In real life at my home course and most trees courses I play those are lost balls with bad penalties applied. They would only be slightly salvageable at a course with adjacent fairways really. I would say when you look at my gamegolf rounds, the GCQuad result of 3/15 being lost/OB is accurate. So it made me start wondering as someone who has read LSW and Every Stroke Counts and understands advancing the ball far but safely.....how wide of dispersion is considered unusable for a driver? Until my swing improved would I be better off statistically going down to my 16* mini driver or just 21* hybrid? ( next time I do the simulator I was going to do dispersion tests for those)
    • While it may seem like a good idea, you can't just "factory reset" your swing. Better to just focus on a priority and make that better. Rather than trying to achieve a certain kind of swing, just improve on what you currently have.
    • OK -  let me make one final post on this as this horse is well and truly beaten. Just so that I'm fully clear on where you stand in the context of this particular discussion.  Please indulge me. 1. What they DID matters. 2. Why we THINK they did it doesn't matter. 3. Your (and my) opinion of what they did or why they did it is irrelevant 4. The only relevant discussion is the penalty for the infringement. 5. A person's opinion of the character any of the people under discussion has nothing to do with the thread. 6. Anything beyond that is essentially moot. Is that a fair summation?  
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Catcher20
      Catcher20
      (30 years old)
    2. JD15
      JD15
      (55 years old)
    3. Stixman
      Stixman
      (75 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...