NM Bruce

2018 Women's Scottish Open

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

I saw a little of the first round last night.  One of the announcers kept referring to Laura Davies as Laura Davis.  I really don't follow the LPGA that closely, but even I know better.  I thought one of the other commenters would correct him, but no.

The south Koreans were doing well.  One of the SoKo's had so many sponsor logos, she almost looked like she should be in NASCAR. 

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Tiffany Joh with the lead.  There's a name that, until a few days ago, I hadn't thought about in many years.  Now she's on top of the leaderboard. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Next week is the lpga open correct? Hopefully more name recognition in that one. And hopefully some familiar names atop the leader board. 

Those of us who follow the LPGA are quite familiar with the top 20 on the leaderboard. Although today's TV coverage will be on tape, I look foward to seeing more. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2018 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    More to come…
    • 72 last week at TPC Summerlin from the TPC tees (6400) in maybe one of the coldest conditions I've ever played in. 71 today back home, hit 15 greens. Missed four birdie putts within 5ft and got a bad break where I drove it into a bunker and it plugged in the lip (made bogey). Not bad for the range being closed and only getting to practice once this week and not much last week either. This was my drive on 15, and it wasn't like it was a high fade, solid medium flight draw.  
    • Yeah it was a dumb move PR wise to not be very generous with the bonus.  Can't really compare the usual rate with that week with Ortiz, completely different situations. John Wood is there for him every minute of every week, scouting the course beforehand, getting yardages, mapping greens and paying for his own travel. They can also act as emotional "support" and the good ones figure out when to give it and when to hold back. Ortiz is nowhere close to building up that "sweat equity" to earn 10%. If I was John Wood I would have been very insulted if my guy paid a temp caddy 120K.  
    • “How much should you pay?” questions tend to select responses. How much should you pay for a car? Obviously the guy who paid over a million for his McLaren doesn’t think everyone should; that’s the whole point of having one. Likewise, the guys with the $2k custom Scottys want something exclusive.   So it makes sense that most of the responses are $300 or less. If you just want to make putts, and know basically what you need in terms of length and style (mallet, blade, etc.), I don’t think you need to spend more than $100 on ebay. I’ve sold several perfectly serviceable and respectably branded putters for less.   Personally, I paid $350 for my Evnroll ER5, which I love. I like it so much that I’m going to spend even more for the black one when it becomes available. It was a subtle difference between the ER5 and my Ping Tyne ($189, I think), that it replaced. But given a choice, I’d choose the Evnroll every time. I can’t afford — and have no desire — to run with the big dogs when it comes to putters. And if I couldn’t afford a $350 putter, I think I’d do ok with any of the ones that I sold. But it’s a hobby, and it could be worse. I could be collecting large stationary engines.
    • If you have enough bounce you could have the 52 bent to 50. 10, 15 bucks perhaps.
    • 1. "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge: Consistently practicing and posting my streak. Making it a habit to maintain my skills and level developed over the years. 2. Bogey Player: By end of 2019 play in Texas and score at least three games under 90. Focus areas:
      Develop better course management skills, game-strategy and focus on the long term development instead of thinking short term and how far I can hit today and how beautiful my swing does (not) look. (Note to self for Jan. 2020: Relax and enjoy the journey with a vision; do not rush just to win)
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Beyersdoerfer
      Beyersdoerfer
      (21 years old)
    2. choppineapple
      choppineapple
      (35 years old)
    3. drewgolfer
      drewgolfer
      (33 years old)
    4. Inferno2ss
      Inferno2ss
      (49 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...