IGNORED

Bryson Implodes, Shakes Hand of Winner Only Briefly

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 2081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yea ok so he was frustrated and rude to his partner. Big deal. He even apologized for it later - and I mean a real apology, not some BS excuse that's more justification than apology.

I agree with the others that this seems like people making a big deal because they don't like him.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I'm not a big fan of BD, but this is nothing at all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

Agree. I saw him a couple times at the masters and he whined about the greens or something after each shot/putt I saw.  Kinda his style.  Emotional. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

I don't think it is a big deal at all.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, DeadMan said:

We should also ask Richard McEvoy - who won for the first time in almost 300 European Tour starts - if he thought it was unsportsmanlike. I'm guessing it didn't register for him at all, given that he just won his first career tournament.

I saw the hand shake last night on Golf Central.  McEvoy sort of gave Bryson a "WTF look" as BCD pulled his hand away. I want to like this guy, but he seems like the type of person who gets himself in a lot of, well, let's call them "situations" out there..  

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I agree, it's no big deal. But I'm someone who likes and roots for Bryson. The thing with him is, he's one of those "like him or dislike him" type of guys. This type of thing adds fuel to the fire of those who dislike him.

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Well all in all BD needs some slack I guess ...I mean they did take away his compass....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I've known a few guys who majored in physics in college. All of them tended to be unforgiving to them selves when things didn't go their way. A personality traits they had to deal with. BD was physics major I believe I read some where. He seems to have the same personality traits as the folks I know.

Yeah, he could have handled the situation a little better, but what he did do is no big deal. After watching a replay, he showed some respect to the other player. I have seen other pro golfers do alot worse while not controlling their emotions.

Personally, I could easily like the guy because he bucks the norm in golf. All his irons are the same length. A few weeks ago he was using a compass for the greens. Stuff like that. Not saying bucking the norm in golf is a good thing, especially when he's one of the few doing it, but I can respect him trying something different. 

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Well all in all BD needs some slack I guess ...I mean they did take away his compass....

Exactly why his ball went into the water. Algorithms are completely off.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

6 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I saw this. I don't think it's that bad, to be honest. He still shook his hand. Do we need a timer on the handshake to decide what's classy and not classy?

He went from tied for the lead (I believe) on the tee at 15 and finished 6-6-3-8. I don't blame him for being frustrated one bit. If that had happened to me, I would have gotten out of there as soon as possible, too. I really don't see this as an issue.

I'd even go a step further and say its disrespectful to McEvoy of the guy (or girl or guys or girls) trying to make a story out of this instead of just writing about the guy that won.  YOU (writer) are the ones taking away from the guys win, not DeChambeau.

This is stupid.

4 hours ago, billchao said:

I agree with the others that this seems like people making a big deal because they don't like him.

Yeah, same thing with the Patrick Reed interaction with the change jingler the other day.  People don't like Patrick Reed so the stories are about how he handled it wrong.  If the same happened to Rory or Tiger or DJ, then the same fans would be wishing for Change Jingler to die a slow painful death.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator

Agree with Drew.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)

Well I’m not trying to label it as a big deal. I’m just calling it for what I see it as, which is a douche move. True I’m a bit biased as I don’t care much for him. But I also run through a lot of the guys on tour and don’t see them doing this. Maybe throw a fit after given proper respects to the winner..but his little pouty walk off I can’t see Tiger, DJ, Spieth, Fowler...many others doing this.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

24 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

If the same happened to Rory or Phil or DJ, then the same fans would be wishing for Change Jingler to die a slow painful death.

FTFY 😉

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Agree with others. There are very few golfers I dislike more than Bryson, but this just isn't a thing.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

1 minute ago, Sandy Divot said:

I wish more people were talking about the winner than the loser.

THIS ^^^

Maybe they need a Snickers.  They get petty and childish when they're hungry..

2018-07-30 15_56_05-Snickers - Google Search.jpg

Bill - 

5 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

Paul Lawrie probably still thinks that today. Lol. 

Much ado about nothing. 

• Like 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Sandy Divot said:

It's a European Tour event. We almost never talk about the winner(s) here.

Note: This thread is 2081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!