IGNORED

Need to Buy New Golf Shoes

Note: This thread is 1906 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My current ones are from 2001, and the soles are decaying.
Plus, I need to replace the worn out spikes, or just get new shoes.

Any good values out there?

I don't want sneaker looking ones.
I want ones that look like classic dress shoes.

Here is an option:

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/footjoy-fj-originals-golf-shoes-16fjymfjrgnlwhtbrgsh/16fjymfjrgnlwhtbrgsh

Get in on TGW and or some of the other big box websites email list. They often have % off and clearance items for decent deals. 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 5 months later...

There are lots of options available.   As mention from @Osnola, spike or spikeless, cost, waterproof, style?    Several guys here like True shoes.   I prefer Footjoy.   Echo makes a good shoe as does Nike, New Balance and many others.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

The shoes you showed in the link are nice. I wear Footjoy and love them, have two pair. I prefer the white and brown myself but they are a good shoe and last a long time. I also like to be able to change the spikes when needed, although it can be a pain getting the old ones out even with the tool. Last time I had to use needle nose pliers.

Holy smoke, 2001? Tell me you haven’t played much golf during that time? Over the past two years I have tried all the FootJoy models with the new BOA closure system, which is fantastic. It is worth the extra money. However, the new Ecco shoes with the BOA closure system are far superior to the offerings from FootJoy. Do not overlook Ecco, even if you don’t want the BOA system.

On 1/8/2019 at 4:22 PM, cooke119 said:

Edited by e6892345
  • Thumbs Up 1

• iacas changed the title to Need to Buy New Golf Shoes

Shoes?  Is that like a dress code thing?

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Hey Footjoy, I hope you're reading this.  Bought a new pair a year ago and within 10 months (unlike the other Footjoys I've owned) they began cracking in the uppers region.  So I contacted Footjoy and told them I'd been doing proper maintenance like I'd always done... polishing with a good shoe wax, cleaning, cedar shoe trees.

Ha, they told me the shoes were plastic and didn't need anything other than cleaning.  F that.  And their customer service did nothing.

A pair of golf shoes should not wear out in under a year... even if you are playing close to 100 rounds.  In the past I got 2-3 years out of my Footjoys, same number of rounds.  Built-in obsolescence?  

1 hour ago, Piz said:

Shoes?  Is that like a dress code thing?

Right up there with handshakes and taking your hat off. ;-)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

11 hours ago, e6892345 said:

Holy smoke, 2001? Tell me you haven’t played much golf during that time? Over the past two years I have tried all the FootJoy models with the new BOA closure system, which is fantastic. It is worth the extra money. However, the new Ecco shoes with the BOA closure system are far superior to the offerings from FootJoy. Do not overlook Ecco, even if you don’t want the BOA system.

noimagemedium.png

Shop the ECCO Men's Cage Pro BOA and the full men's golf shoes collection at the ECCO® Shoes official online store. Free Standard...

Here is a link to an ECCO BOA model.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Ecco's are cool shoes and very good quality, also like FJ and Adidas..

In my bag:

Driver: Taylormade RBZ TP  10.5*, 3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP 15*, Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 22*, Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5- 53*, Wedges: Cleveland RTX 56* & 60*, Putter: Odyssey Versa #7, Ball: Pearl Golf Pure Pro

Bags: Pearl Golf Liberty Stand Bag & Titleist StaDry Cartbag

First thing I'll do after the busy season ends in April is replace my golf shoes.

I had a cheap pair of Footjoy Greenjoy shoes that I got for $50 a couple of years ago. They were pretty comfortable, but they died in October. The entire upper separated from the lower.

In a pinch, my old Adidas Adizero shoes still had enough in them to carry me since then. Less comfortable but more durable.

17 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Less comfortable but more durable.

Personally, I'm a firm believer that comfort is the #1 reason to buy any shoe.  Durability, styling and waterproofing come second.

• Like 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

18 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Personally, I'm a firm believer that comfort is the #1 reason to buy any shoe.  Durability, styling and waterproofing come second.

I'd generally agree with you there.

In my tightly budgeted world, money I spend on golf shoes is money that won't go to other golf-related things. That, unfortunately, always plays a role for me. That said, I've had pretty good luck with my previous two purchases. You can definitely get quality shoes for under $70.

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

First thing I'll do after the busy season ends in April is replace my golf shoes.

I had a cheap pair of Footjoy Greenjoy shoes that I got for $50 a couple of years ago. They were pretty comfortable, but they died in October. The entire upper separated from the lower.

I hope you gave them a proper burial. :-P

Comfort is number 1 for me, but I agree durability and function are very important.

Scott

My Swing Thread

17 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I hope you gave them a proper burial. :-P

Hasn't happened yet. I'm going to wait for a relatively warm evening, head to Kittyhawk with a shovel and bury them in the hazard on No. 10 of the Hawk course which has been drained for the winter.

I figure I've put enough balls into the thing that it could use something else. I'll use a broken tee as the grave marker.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Hasn't happened yet. I'm going to wait for a relatively warm evening, head to Kittyhawk with a shovel and bury them in the hazard on No. 10 of the Hawk course which has been drained for the winter.

I figure I've put enough balls into the thing that it could use something else. I'll use a broken tee as the grave marker.

Burial at sea. Appropriate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1906 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!