IGNORED

Please help with Vokey wedge selection.

Note: This thread is 1086 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My current wedges (Cleveland RTX 3) are getting worn, and I am in the market for some new wedges. To help, here is a little bit about me. 
I Play AP2's and my Pitching wedge is 46 degrees. Currently I have 52,56,60 but want to go to 50,54,58.

• I'm a 5 handicap, with the strength of my game being 85 YARDS and out. I dont like hitting half shots inside 85 yards.
  • My current lob wedge has 10 degrees of bounce
  • I am a digger
  • I know what lofts I want. I prefer the 50, 54 and 58 set up.
  • I  will use my 50 and 54 degree almost exclusively for full shots and the 58 out of bunkers
  • I use my PW around the greens, but will also use my lob wedge depending on the shot loft needed
  • I would like to get SM7's

Should I get fit or does the setup below work for me?

50- F
54 - F
58 - D

I usually say get fit, but you're a 3.5 and you know what you want, so there's that. I'd say you're giving up some versatility going with the F grind on the 54°, but if you're going to use it exclusively for full swing shots I don't see how that would hurt anything.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After a fitting last week I purchased a 54* k grind with 16* of bounce. Granted I have yet to get my club in... it was awesome. Usually I am exclusively using my 58 around the green but this new wedge can do it all. I was easily hitting 10yd flop shots off tight lies (which I could never do).

Fits in the bag well as my 50 is low bounce and 58 is 8*. As a fellow digger I highly recommend checking in out.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1086 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.