Sign in to follow this  
scotth

utryit by Global Golf

7 posts / 687 viewsLast Reply

Just saw a commercial on the Golf Channel for this new program (at least new to me) from Global Golf that sounds great for those of us that are either LH, or reside in more remote areas, or in my case both.

Pay $25 and they ship whatever club you want to demo.  Get to use the club for 14 days and if you like it they take the $25 off the purchase price.  If you don't ship it back and try something else.

Anybody tried it yet?  Sounds pretty cool.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I've not heard of it but would be concerned about any sign of use when you return it.   It may be like shoes.  Fine to return them if you don't wear them outside and scuff up the soles.

Seems like for those of us in areas with limited golf resources could be a pretty good program.  Curious if anybody has used it.  Not sure if it is just a new to me or an actual new program.

27 minutes ago, scotth said:

Seems like for those of us in areas with limited golf resources could be a pretty good program.  Curious if anybody has used it.  Not sure if it is just a new to me or an actual new program.

It's pretty new I think.

On 8/3/2018 at 9:51 AM, scotth said:

Just saw a commercial on the Golf Channel for this new program (at least new to me) from Global Golf that sounds great for those of us that are either LH, or reside in more remote areas, or in my case both.

Pay $25 and they ship whatever club you want to demo.  Get to use the club for 14 days and if you like it they take the $25 off the purchase price.  If you don't ship it back and try something else.

Anybody tried it yet?  Sounds pretty cool.

Just read parts of the FAQ. It's $25 per club, so if you didn't like the first driver, you paid $25 for the trial, then when you send it back and want to try another driver, it's another $25 for that.

If you want to try different shafts on the same club, you'll have to order two clubs with different shafts and try them both. They only send out fully assembled clubs. That's not great from my perspective but I understand it. You can have two clubs on trial at the same time, so if you try two different shafts and like one shaft over the other, you still had to pay $25 for the club with the shaft you tried and returned. The trial fee for an iron set is $100 BTW.

There are some minor charges for damage to the club if they can fix it but if they deem they can't, they'll send the damaged club back to you and charge you for it.

That's the gist of it I guess. It's not my cup of tea. It seems like a decent amount of money to spend if you don't end up liking the club and it's cost prohibitive to self-fit. I'd rather just go see a good fitter and know the clubs I'm buying are good for my game.