IGNORED

Predict Tiger's 2019 Season

iacas
Note: This thread is 1555 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger in 2019  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming Tiger Woods is as healthy in 2019 as he was in 2018, how many PGA/European Tour events does Tiger win in 2019?

• 2-3
    • 4-5
    • 6+
  2. 2. Assuming Tiger Woods is as healthy in 2019 as he was in 2018, how majors does Tiger win in 2019?

On 9/23/2018 at 6:20 PM, lastings said:

I think a poll that belongs on this thread is:  do you think Big Cat ends 2019 at #1 in the OWGR?  

If he keeps playing the way he has since the US Open, yes.

If you look at the raw OWGR points earned since the US Open, Tiger is a very close third behind Bryson and Francesco.  They have both won twice since then, and both have about 175 points to Tiger's 170.  Everybody else in the top 12 is well below that -- Spieth and Day have around 40 points.

From the comfort and driving he demonstrated last week, it seems to me that Tiger is in better shape now than he was at the beginning of 2013, when he won five times, so I think he'll win at least four events.  Whether one is a major or not depends only on which weeks he's playing well, because he is now playing well enough to beat any competition when he's on his game.

I voted 4-5, with 1 major. He's the best player in the world RIGHT NOW.

I see this is an older topic now, but that's my prediction on September 28.

Edited by Aguirre

"Witty golf quote."

On 9/24/2018 at 2:31 AM, nevets88 said:

One major is all I ask. The rest is icing on the cake.

Hahaha...this is the most someone has said with the least number of words!! 👍

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think we will see a much better tiger next year. Think about how good he played the end of this year and his strength and conditioning were no where near where he likes to be.  He was legit sporting a belly and no chest at the Ryder Cup. Now that he knows he can trust his back for the swing let him have time, get a good couple months in the gym. I'll admit I'm a tiger fan boy and I hope he stays healthy enough to break Snead  and Jacks records. I think he'll accept he's not the longest hitter on tour anymore and eat people's lunches with his iron game.  I think the true condition of his back was proven when he spent all weekend hitting out of that nasty ass rough in Paris and barely even winced. I'm excited for a few more years of tiger. 

Edited by CaseyD

I think he has a good shot at every major this coming year and will likely win one. He nearly won two this year not far removed from his competitive comeback after a several year absence and while still clearly continuing to improve. If he stays healthy, he'll be competitive in likely most every major he enters. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

I am most definitely NOT a Tiger hater.  I don't think he'll win at all this year.  Too many young and great players that I'm very excited about.

You do know he won last year and finished really high in relevant stats, right?

In his first year back from major surgery.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

You do know he won last year and finished really high in relevant stats, right?

In his first year back from major surgery.

I do know that.  He was amazing, as was his swing speed.  I still don't think he'll win this year.  Let's see what happens.  I think he'll have 2 good rounds but not 4.  I think Sunday will be a problem for him, but not the younger guys.  Just a hunch. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 8:36 PM, billchao said:

I'm going with 2 wins, one of them being a major.

I agree he has a fair chance to win couple of tournaments. 

I don't know about winning a major. Too many young strong players now....

Before his personal life exploded, I thought he'd easily break Jack Nicklaus' record. But, now.........~shrug...

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

• 1 month later...

After watching the ESPN special and getting an even better look at what he went through just shows how impressive his comeback is. It really got me thinking Tigers talent was more than what his body could handle if that makes sense to anyone here. The full swings from incredibly awkward stances ripping through heavy cabbage had to cause wear even he wasn't aware of during the younger days.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:25 PM, Herkimer said:

I do know that.  He was amazing, as was his swing speed.  I still don't think he'll win this year.  Let's see what happens.  I think he'll have 2 good rounds but not 4.  I think Sunday will be a problem for him, but not the younger guys.  Just a hunch

Tiger started more than 15 tournaments since 2013. He made the cut in 16 out of the 18 tournaments, and made the top 25 in 12 of them! He was in contention in many of the tournaments.

Woods needs to work on his Day's 1 & 2 scoring. He was ranked 62nd and 46th in scoring average for rounds 1 and 2.

He is actually ranked nearly the same for days 2 and 4. I don't think he is wearing out on Sundays. He was still ranked 5th in strokes gained average per round last year.

The big thing is that Tiger won late in the season. Even after playing in his first full season he won at the end. This says that he wasn't bothered by his first season back. Now that he has an offseason to rest up, continue to work on the swing changes he made, and get prepared for the new season. I think he'll be positioned to win multiple times next year.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tiger will break Sneads all-time wins record this year and I am confident he'll get 1 major and be in the hunt in atleast 1 possibly 2 others. It wouldn't surprise me if he won 2. He just seems more mature, more at ease, more comfortable with himself. We know injuries played a part in his on course struggles but their was more to it. I believe his personal life effected his play every bit as much as the physical aspects. I believe Tiger's Dad kept him grounded and driven and when Mr.Earl passed away it was Tiger vs Tiger, and the pressure from his own expectations and the super high standards that he had set upon himself, just became too great and it broke him down. I remember a few years ago when Tiger attempted to come back after an injury and he didn't play well. He withdrew himself from the tournament and the camera's showed him going straight to his car and leaving. I felt so bad for him. You could see the pain, and sadness on his face...and I actually wound up cussing 2 Facebook Friends and a Relative out on Facebook, because of the negative comments they made on my post that day, regarding Tiger's withdrawal. Thankfully, He's Back! And you can just see he's comfortable and refreshed and he's actually enjoying the game again! I believe we're seeing the rebirth of Tiger and over the next few years he's going to treat us fans and spectators to what I hope will be the Greatest story of Redemption in the history of sports. 2019 is going to be the year of the Tiger! 🐅

I think 2-3 maybe.  But they wont be majors, I don't imagine.

:cobra: F6 Driver 9.5 - F6 3 Wood 16.5 -  Fly Z 2-3 Hybrid 19.0
 :cobra: Oversize Forged Irons  4-SW - V Grind Wedges 52* - 60*
 :wilsonstaff: Tour Special ll Forged Blade putter

I think he'll win a PGA tour event, maybe 2.   But I think he'll be 0 for 4 at the majors.   I hope I'm wrong.  It would be colossal if he won The Masters.

—Adam

Note: This thread is 1555 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!