IGNORED

Predict Tiger's 2019 Season

iacas
Note: This thread is 1555 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger in 2019  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming Tiger Woods is as healthy in 2019 as he was in 2018, how many PGA/European Tour events does Tiger win in 2019?

• 2-3
    • 4-5
    • 6+
  2. 2. Assuming Tiger Woods is as healthy in 2019 as he was in 2018, how majors does Tiger win in 2019?

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Ping said:

Oh the irony. Eldrick misses the cut at The Open, (surprise). The following week, the leg humpers at the Golf Channel showcase, "Tiger Woods - Chasing History", (or "Chasing His Tail", or "Chasing Tail")..I can't remember the title, on continuous loop....yawn.

That has been in the works for months.

7 minutes ago, Ping said:

OhThe media continues to prop him up, (or lose advertising revenue from Nike) when even he is beginning to admit that his glory days may be behind him.

Uhhh, dude won a MAJOR about THREE MONTHS ago.

But hey, since you’re only ever here to rip on Tiger, you’ve had a pretty poor last few years. I almost feel sad for you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Goodness!  Of course his "glory days" are behind him, if by that we mean winning five or six tournaments, and competing in all of the majors, if not winning one every year.  Of course that ship has sailed.  He's 43, his body is even older, his priorities have changed (probably for the better), and it's just hard to do!  That said, winning the Masters makes 2019 a success, even if h never plays again, which also seems unlikely.  I think he is still figuring out the best balance between play and rest with his new back.  It can't be easy.  Yes, he missed the cut at the Open, but he still hit some shots.  It's not like he isn't still an elite player.  2020 will be very interesting.  With the new schedule it feels to me (without having a clue about his actual health) that playing more or less every other week through the major season might work best, to keep his skill and body sharp.  Would not really blame him for skipping the playoff in that scenario, it's possible he would not qualify anyway.  But it seemed to be that skipping a whole month made the first day of the subsequent major a real challenge, and got him behind the eight ball before he got out of the gate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 1:08 AM, Ping said:

Oh the irony. Eldrick misses the cut at The Open, (surprise). The following week, the leg humpers at the Golf Channel showcase, "Tiger Woods - Chasing History", (or "Chasing His Tail", or "Chasing Tail")..I can't remember the title, on continuous loop....yawn.

The media continues to prop him up, (or lose advertising revenue from Nike) when even he is beginning to admit that his glory days may be behind him. Perhaps after his next fiasco, he will retire from golf, and start a dating site on the internet. The question then becomes, "What will the droolers on the GC have to talk about....Michelle Wie?"

Your analysis and vision are breathtaking in their accuracy and succinctness. You must really amaze your friends with the uncanny accuracy of your thoughts on Woods' game.

Amazing to think that someone can accurately predict that someone close to being on the Champions' Tour can be predicted not to feature much with a fused spine after winning The Masters on courses where no-one seriously considered him a possibility of doing well.

How could you have known that he would not win the Grand Slam this year? Such insight and kindness of spirit. Extraordinary.

The thing that you really nail, though is that by calling him "Eldrick" (I mean it's his name, after all) - you upset all the fanboys. That must really make you chuckle.

What a smug and condescending attitude you have. You may as well predict boldly that Tom Watson will not win another Open. What is the source of your dislike and negativity?

In case you hadn't noticed, real golf fans are excited about Hovland, Wolff, Morikawa and a host of other truly exciting young players.

Believe it or not, they are just happy to see Woods playing. And they gave up on Wie a decade ago. And I don't think he is "beginning" to admit his best days are behind him. The game is in good shape and people like yourself will persist in bringing down anyone whose achievements make a mockery of the unrealised dreams you may have held for yourself. 

Speaking of names. Has any other player on the PGA Tour been called by their nickname rather than legal name? I mean in the official records and leaderboards, not when talked about.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

36 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Speaking of names. Has any other player on the PGA Tour been called by their nickname rather than legal name? I mean in the official records and leaderboards, not when talked about.

Gerry Lester Watson, Jr.

Frank Urban Zoeller Jr.

to name a couple.

I'm sure there are many more - but Ping is the only one who uses Woods' "real" name in an offensive, disingenuous manner.

I say "offensive" because he deliberately does it to cause irritation and offence, not because that's his name.

Edited by leftybutnotPM
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

I'm feeling pretty good right about now. 🙂 I predicted 2-3/1.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

43 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm feeling pretty good right about now. 🙂 I predicted 2-3/1.

Same for me!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 2 months later...

Tiger is gonna win 2 majors this year, right? 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• Administrator
2 hours ago, lastings said:

Tiger is gonna win 2 majors this year, right? 

I don't know. You should start a "Predict Tiger's 2020 season" topic! 🙂

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't know. You should start a "Predict Tiger's 2020 season" topic! 🙂

fair enough.   done and done. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

On 9/26/2018 at 12:26 PM, rehmwa said:

I think he'll be in contention a lot...a LOT.  So a few wins are very likely.  It's a tough field.  Just to participate in the poll, I went with 2-3, and 1.  that would be VERY cool if it happens.

He'll garner a lot of attention, and play very well.  And, he has zero chance of forgetting his name as the crowds will call it out constantly.

I just want to say.  My random, dataless, ill formed opinion did well.  much like my dart throwing ability...

Bill - 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, lastings said:

fair enough.   done and done. 

I hope it has polls… 😉

• iacas unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 1555 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!