IGNORED

Journey to the Mackenzie Tour: One Amateur's Pipe Dream

Diece
Note: This thread is 1485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, ncates00 said:

If this is the attitude and outlook you have, you won't make it.  The thing you don't get is, people on this forum would LOVE for you to make it.  We are skeptical and many have given you much to think about to help you.  Your defensiveness and inability to take a good look in the mirror and come to grips with your lack of ability is telling.  In order to get somewhere in life, self-belief is not enough.  You must take your weaknesses and gaps and make them strengths.  You do not acknowledge your gaps; you shrug them off with affirmations of own self-belief to protect your ego from what you know deep down is true.  It takes bravery and a strong person to look at his own flaws in the face and take them head on to improve.  Your self belief is a fallacy.  You're blinding yourself because you cannot admit your flaws.  You hide behind a few good shots and rounds you've accomplished under conditions of no real consequence.  

Stop belly-aching and get to work.  You have a wealth of good advice here and coaching and yet you don't take it up.  Here's what I would do: 1) grow the hell up, 2) take this advice and improve, or 3) just enjoy golf as leisure like the rest of us.  

31537A06-7D90-4554-8D2E-AA7FA573A23B.gif.d6c3173764761af36001f627b8bbfb55.gif

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Diece:   Use some of these last few threads as motivation. Don’t give up.

When I told you that you’d be good at sales with your persistence and extremely positive outlook, I meant it. Those are important skills in sales, and in golf. So what if someone doesn’t want to buy your product or doesn’t think you’re good enough to play golf at a pro level. Prove them wrong. Believe in yourself, and find a mentor who believes in you too. You’ve got time if you work at it. Don’t try to do this all on your own. If you work hard, and have a good attitude, plenty of people around you will want to help you along. Failing a few times is good for you. Just keep learning. James Hahn won the Wells Fargo @ Quail Hollow and the Northern Trust @ Riviera. Before getting status on the PGA Tour, he was working in the shoe dept. at his local Nordstrom. Padraig Harrington was an accountant before turning pro. Anyone who tells you there’s an EXACT path to a Tour Card is wrong. Work hard. Get better. Repeat. If you can win at each level wherever you compete, move on to the next level and keep improving. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, NationwideTourCrimsonTide said:

Anyone who tells you there’s an EXACT path to a Tour Card is wrong. Work hard. Get better. Repeat. If you can win at each level wherever you compete, move on to the next level and keep improving. 

No-one does say there is an EXACT path.

But all successful players have ability and they win at many levels. Saying you want to be rich and famous as a pro does not mean that you can do it without being a good player. Diece has never won a ball as far as I can see. He lies to himself as well as others. Not a good start.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:14 AM, NationwideTourCrimsonTide said:

Diece:   Use some of these last few threads as motivation. Don’t give up.

When I told you that you’d be good at sales with your persistence and extremely positive outlook, I meant it. Those are important skills in sales, and in golf. So what if someone doesn’t want to buy your product or doesn’t think you’re good enough to play golf at a pro level. Prove them wrong.

The problem is there's a difference between confidence and delusion. He is 100% delusional (would get smoked by 1000s of middleschool kids yet he doesn't need forum advice or coaches because he knows everything, where all wrong, and he's gonna leapfrog people who work 5x harder then him just because "uh i want it badly") 

Him being good at sales actually isn't a huge compliment to be honest. Most people I know doing sales are just like him, young impressionable kids/adults that think they there smooth and that they can fool anyone. Usual result is they eventually try there "smooth" pitch to someone who actually knows the field and they get called a clown to their face..... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Suffice to say Jason's stay on evolvr was pretty much as expected… 😛

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

46 minutes ago, iacas said:

@Diece If you aren't going to get a coach to help with your game, you will find it difficult.  That is not to say a coach is a necessity, but getting the fundamentals right is a huge help in getting your game up to a high level.

Any feedback on how your game/practice is going

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• Administrator

Without a major change in approach, attitude, etc., @Diece has absolutely no chance of getting even 1/5th of the way toward achieving his stated goals.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Imagine that...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

25 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Like some guy I heard once: 'Well, the world needs ditch diggers to.'

I think that guy was Judge Elihu Smails.  

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

On 5/29/2019 at 8:56 AM, iacas said:

What did you gain from him not subscribing? Congrats. Perhaps some kind words may have helped him hang around longer, make some incremental improvements, and potentially see the benefits of your evolvr program. 

Instead you essentially told a stubborn, hard-headed kid looking for a plan/purpose in life what an idiot he was. I hope you feel good about yourself. Way to take advantage of an opportunity to help the kid develop some life skills. 

I actually enjoyed reading this forum, despite how ridiculous his professional golf aspirations seem to be.  

47 minutes ago, NationwideTourCrimsonTide said:

What did you gain from him not subscribing? Congrats. Perhaps some kind words may have helped him hang around longer, make some incremental improvements, and potentially see the benefits of your evolvr program. 

Instead you essentially told a stubborn, hard-headed kid looking for a plan/purpose in life what an idiot he was. I hope you feel good about yourself. Way to take advantage of an opportunity to help the kid develop some life skills. 

I actually enjoyed reading this forum, despite how ridiculous his professional golf aspirations seem to be.  

Did you not read the thread from the beginning? Many of us were quite kind and supportive and offered advice. I’m not sure stubborn or hard headed is the right description for Jason. 

Nobody was getting through to him. Sometimes you offer what can be good advice but at some point there needs to be a two way street here. He needs to learn to listen and every attempt at getting him to do that resulted in either short snide remarks or defensiveness. 

He came expecting, hell demanding full acceptance of his delusional thinking. Catering to that would do him no good whatsoever.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, NationwideTourCrimsonTide said:

Way to take advantage of an opportunity to help the kid develop some life skills. 

Pretty sure a dozen people gave him friendly advice. Problem is he knows it all. It has nothing to do with golf and life skills. It's people like him who give his generation a bad reputation. He's an aggressive, deluded fool who you'll notice pretended to be positive when people were criticising his approach. He was passive aggressive and narcissistic. 

In any case, he's the worst possible student because he doesn't listen, pretends he's listened, doesn't do what is suggested anyway and then rejects the advice or drill  after five minutes because it doesn't work immediately. 

Edited by leftybutnotPM
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NationwideTourCrimsonTide said:

Way to take advantage of an opportunity to help the kid develop some life skills. 

There is a Chinese proverb.  When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.  From what @Diece has posted so far, he seems to be slowly becoming ready, though it is still a while before he will do so.  He really needs to be willing to learn, and put in the hard yards.  He has shown very little evidence of that so far.  It will only happen once he changes his attitude.  If not, the only way he can make it into the tour is on raw talent alone, and he hasn't shown us any of that as he hasn't won many tournaments yet.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

7 hours ago, NationwideTourCrimsonTide said:

You need to go back and read all the positive advice folks gave him. But they were also being realistic.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Did you not read the thread from the beginning? Many of us were quite kind and supportive and offered advice. I’m not sure stubborn or hard headed is the right description for Jason. 

Nobody was getting through to him. Sometimes you offer what can be good advice but at some point there needs to be a two way street here. He needs to learn to listen and every attempt at getting him to do that resulted in either short snide remarks or defensiveness. 

He came expecting, hell demanding full acceptance of his delusional thinking. Catering to that would do him no good whatsoever.

I’ve read the entire thread. The tone was fun initially. Then when the advice didn’t seem to be properly acknowledged, and it became clear to most posters that this kid was a poor listener, irrational, delusional, etc., the messages became extremely negative. Bottom line- whatever “advice” most tried to give didn’t reach him, didn’t work. You can blame him for all of his well-noted flaws. OR, as adults, we can try harder to find ways to reach him at his level.

It’s easy to join the chorus of grown adults telling a kid he’s an idiot 50 different ways, bashing this kid over all of his flaws with ‘drop-the-mic GIFS.’  

Even if all the negativity was 100% called for based on his attitude, you can’t just determine he’s an idiot, that you tried to help, and that he didn’t listen. I’m saying try harder. Successful people always find a way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NationwideTourCrimsonTide said:

You can blame him for all of his well-noted flaws. OR, as adults, we can try harder to find ways to reach him at his level.

I strongly disagree with that statement. People here tried to help and give realistic advice on what they think he should do. He chose not to listen. That's his problem to solve, not ours. It's not our responsibility as a forum community to try to "reach him at his level".

Why do you think it is the responsibility of the community here to try harder to "reach him at his level"?

I could turn your statement right around too.

As an adult, @Diece should be trying harder to listen, understand, comprehend, accept the free advice that is being given to him, especially when the advice comes from people who have quite a bit more knowledge about the sport than he does.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Note: This thread is 1485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!