IGNORED

Proper score keeping

jetsknicks1
Note: This thread is 2067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Scorers aren't looking for symbols to figure out how many over par or under par you are. They're looking for the actual numbers,

Exactly.  Some cards I've seen come into the scorer's table at my club are difficult enough to read even when they have only the numbers written on them, never mind embellishments such as are being talked about.

As for the OP, if he returned a card such as he described, he would be disqualified.

There is a gentleman at my course that carries a multicolor pen, you know the kind with red, black, green, and blue ink in them. When he keeps the scorecard he writes all the numbers according to the corresponding color. Birdies are red, pars are green and anything over par is black. Seems a bit over the top, but thats how he likes to do it.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/25/2018 at 12:52 PM, Rulesman said:

The Rule requires the gross score for the hole to be recorded. Not a code or symbol.

Rule 6-6a After each hole the marker should check the score with the competitor and record it.

That’s what I was looking for :-). I don’t play in many competitive events but I’ll be sure to mark just the score when I do, moving forward.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!