IGNORED

Stop Lying About Your Distance - It's Pissing Me Off (Rant Thread)

AltGolfer
Note: This thread is 1706 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

40 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

This the perfect way to piss off the topic starter. Well done 👍

Don't feed the trolls. :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, flashypaws said:

its not nonsense.  its sense.  they dont understand how the grip works.  your grip is 65%.  of everything.  your stance is 35%.  and your rhythm is whatevers left over.  sure, i just made that up...  but still.  look how important the grip is.

if you understand the grip, your grip will actually dictate the shape of your swing.  the whole swing is 'designed' to maintain constant grip pressure.  thats it.  thats as far as this lesson is going.

i can talk for 8 hours on the golf grip and how it works.  thats why i can hit a golf ball 300 yards.  (i'm still recovering from back surgery, too.  and i drove a 360 yard par four last summer..  i'm over 50, i have a bulging disk, i have nerve damage in the lower right 1/4 of my body, i'm 5' 9" if i stand on a towel...  and i can hit a golf ball 300 yards.)

not only do a lot of people not understand how the golf grip works, they dont even understand how a golf club works.  (there are two mechanical principals in play at the same time.  a lever, and a cam.  i'm only saying this to prove that i do know how a golf club works.  i have no intention of explaining what a lever or a cam is.  so...  good luck with that.)

if you understand the golf swing...  for real...  it is easy to hit the ball 280 yards.  by easy, i dont mean its easy to figure out how to do it, i mean it doesnt take extraordinary strength or flexibility to do it.  if you know how to do it, you can almost certainly do it.  if you dont, you cant.

the grips the rip.  the spines the line.  and rhythm, obviously, is a dancer.

no.  really.  i'm serious as cancer...  when i say rhythm is a dancer.  

Hahah. Ok...well you were mildly entertaining for a short while. Decent troll showing. Take care.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Foot Wedge said:

To any beginners surfing the web for golf tips who may have had the misfortune of stumbling onto this particular thread page at this time:

For the love of all that is holy, do not, in any way shape or form, under any circumstance, at all, in this or any parallel universes.....take the above post by @flashypaws seriously.  It is almost certainly sarcastic, and if not, just woefully ignorant.  Anybody who has taken lessons from a halfway competent professional will understand that just about everything stated is incorrect on a galactic scale, and is more than likely a shitpost just for grins.  But if you are new to this crazy game and in seek of answers....I beg you, whatever your question regarding the golf swing is, the answer is most likely the complete opposite of what he said.  I would venture as far as to say it's anything but what @flashypaws posted, but the answer is probably closer to "take lessons from a qualified PGA professional, and practice"

I award you no points...and may God have mercy on your soul.

Foot Wedge... I'd play golf with you any day.  And treat you to a cocktail in the bar & grill afterwards.  That was one funny and succinct post!

However, I am in a different demographic, Flashy's posts have no bearing on me.  I drive the ball 360 yards uphill, into the wind, in muddy conditions with an old persimmon driver and balata ball.

1 hour ago, MacDutch said:

This the perfect way to piss off the topic starter. Well done 👍

1 - flashypaws crafted a marvelous piece of mockery - well worth pissing of the OP and anyone somber enough to think his post is serious

2 - the OP has already admitted he's in a perpetual state of pissed off - and thinks anyone cares about his ability to let other people's statements/claims put him into that state

3 - I don't have a #3, nor a funny music clip

I can hit 280, it's those nasty words "On average" that'll always trip me up.  I'm excessively thrilled when i can honestly add the words "quite frequently".......  I think "on average" though is an entirely higher level of ability I don't think I can ever attain.  But isn't it fun the keep trying?

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

2 hours ago, flashypaws said:

its not nonsense.  its sense.  they dont understand how the grip works.  your grip is 65%.  of everything.  your stance is 35%.  and your rhythm is whatevers left over.  sure, i just made that up...  but still.  look how important the grip is.

if you understand the grip, your grip will actually dictate the shape of your swing.  the whole swing is 'designed' to maintain constant grip pressure.  thats it.  thats as far as this lesson is going.

i can talk for 8 hours on the golf grip and how it works.  thats why i can hit a golf ball 300 yards.  (i'm still recovering from back surgery, too.  and i drove a 360 yard par four last summer..  i'm over 50, i have a bulging disk, i have nerve damage in the lower right 1/4 of my body, i'm 5' 9" if i stand on a towel...  and i can hit a golf ball 300 yards.)

not only do a lot of people not understand how the golf grip works, they dont even understand how a golf club works.  (there are two mechanical principals in play at the same time.  a lever, and a cam.  i'm only saying this to prove that i do know how a golf club works.  i have no intention of explaining what a lever or a cam is.  so...  good luck with that.)

if you understand the golf swing...  for real...  it is easy to hit the ball 280 yards.  by easy, i dont mean its easy to figure out how to do it, i mean it doesnt take extraordinary strength or flexibility to do it.  if you know how to do it, you can almost certainly do it.  if you dont, you cant.

the grips the rip.  the spines the line.  and rhythm, obviously, is a dancer.

no.  really.  i'm serious as cancer...  when i say rhythm is a dancer.  

Obviously, you’re severely an outlier. 😂

I totally agree that most people are missing out on their potential, but 280 is really a long way especially for someone over 50 years old. Champions tour average is 255.

If it worked for you then great, but it takes serious training to get these distances.

1 hour ago, rehmwa said:

I can hit 280, it's those nasty words "On average" that'll always trip me up.  I'm excessively thrilled when i can honestly add the words "quite frequently".......  I think "on average" though is an entirely higher level of ability I don't think I can ever attain.  But isn't it fun the keep trying?

On average would be seriously nice 😁

For me, it’s “downhill downwind missing some trees then roll off the next fairway”. 😂

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 hours ago, flashypaws said:

your grip is 65%.  of everything.  your stance is 35%.  and your rhythm is whatevers left over.  sure, i just made that up...  but still.  look how important the grip is.

okay.gif

• Like 3

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

3 hours ago, flashypaws said:

(i'm still recovering from back surgery, too.  and i drove a 360 yard par four last summer..  i'm over 50, i have a bulging disk, i have nerve damage in the lower right 1/4 of my body, i'm 5' 9" if i stand on a towel...  and i can hit a golf ball 300 yards.)

Oh yeah?!  Well I'm 5'1", 85lbs, 65 years old, am so inflexible I can't even touch my knees, much less my toes, 1-rep max bench press even 30 years ago was 25lbs, have TWO bulging discs plus a left shoulder that barely stays in the socket at rest from so many dislocations, and nerve damage that limits movement on my whole right side.  But apparently I understand the grip and the swing better than you, because I've driven a 390 yard par 4 and average 320 yard carry!

Edited by mdl
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

22 minutes ago, mdl said:

Oh yeah?!  Well I'm 5'1", 85lbs, 65 years old, am so inflexible I can't even touch my knees, much less my toes, 1-rep max bench press even 30 years ago was 25lbs, have TWO bulging discs plus a left shoulder that barely stays in the socket at rest from so many dislocations, and nerve damage that limits movement on my whole right side.  But apparently I understand the grip and the swing better than you, because I've driven a 390 yard par 4 and average 320 yard carry!

🤪😂😂😂

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Foot Wedge... I'd play golf with you any day.  And treat you to a cocktail in the bar & grill afterwards.  That was one funny and succinct post!

Thank you kind sir!

• Like 1

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

I can hit a feathery 325 with my brassie, and nearly 250 with my mashie. And I know it's true because I paced it off. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

42 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I can hit a feathery 325 with my brassie, and nearly 250 with my mashie. And I know it's true because I paced it off. 

I know this is true-this man paced it off.

11 minutes ago, uitar9 said:

I know this is true-this man paced it off.

I found a picture of him pacing off 325 steps that can help clear things up for everyone:

small-businessman-walking-under-large-bu

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mvmac said:

okay.gif

You have my permission to post gif of Jennifer Lawrence anytime!

BTW, she can hit a drive 375 with just good acting!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I found a picture of him pacing off 325 steps that can help clear things up for everyone:

small-businessman-walking-under-large-bu

OUCH! …. Touche' my friend, Touche'.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

You have my permission to post gif of Jennifer Lawrence anytime!

BTW, she can hit a drive 375 with just good acting!

That's too bad, we'll never see her hit it 375 then

Bill - 

17 hours ago, mdl said:

But you can’t drop from knee high. 😂

I have not found a more enjoyable thread in some time.  Note, I said enjoyable and not game changing.  Showed this to my golf pro.  Should have waited until he swallowed his coffee first!

But the main reason I find Mr. Paws to be a troll is that he judges himself as the ONLY one to fully understand what he means and his proof is apocryphal. The only way to prove his work is to put forth his technique for all to see and read, and then see how repeatable to other golfers. I would require this in any research paper from my college students that passed my eyes.

If it isn't, (as I suspect it would not be),  we have a blowhard. 

th-1.jpeg

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

This is a IM from I guy I play volleyball with.   He told me he hit the ball over the net at TopGolf with his 5W and I was skeptical.    Here's his numbers from the simulator where we play.    For the record...I'm not close to this.

jason.jpeg

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 1706 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!