• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2020 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • I have OA in both knees and have had surgery twice on the left. Funny thing is the right knee is the trouble one now. Without seeing your swing, we cannot speculate on the stress on the right knee. That being said, I do prefer a narrower stance myself.  Do you flare your feet at address? Flaring definitely helps reduce stress. I think the terrain you play in may make more of a difference on how your knee feels after. If I do a lot of downhill walking, I will need to ice after. The swing doesn’t seem to cause any issues on my right knee as there is not much weight on it at impact.
    • So my work has been progressing and now I’m happy with my grip and setup position. I also did the drill where you line up your ball with a line all around it and you make sure it’s rolling nice and tight.    But what got me thinking was this blog post by @iacas     Now I was experimenting with a metronome but I didn’t set it at 78BPM as iacas said he likes it at, but rather at 100BPM where the “magical” 600ms happens. But to actually get a 300ms downswing you need to set it to 200BPM (1beat = 300ms) and that’s just not a proper rhythm for golf.  But if you just leave it at 100 BPM (or whichever number between 60 and 100) you might soon revert to a 1:1 tempo as you will start to sync the backswing to a beat and the impact to the second beat. And you don’t want that apparently. So what I found is an online beat machine found here: Drum Machine online Free full-featured drum-machine for smartphone, tablet and desktop browsers. Create and share... You set it up like it’s in the attached picture.    You start the backswing on the first beat, start the downswing on the second beat, impact on the snare and end the follow through on the third beat.    At first you might want to concentrate on the snare, but later on I realized that it’s better to just notice the snare and concentrate on finishing the follow through on the third beat so that you don’t get into the habit of hitting at the ball but just focus on the tempo of the stroke. 
    • Day 17:  January 25, 2020.  On my way out the door this morning (yes, really) I took the five minutes to take some practice swings and hit some balls (real balls, one whiffle at one point) at my indoor practice area. 
    • You should set a goal to be mentally tougher for 2020...you don't want to be a mental midget and a 5.5 cap who folds under pressure. I also think you can get to a 3.8 cap. I believe you can win your club championship and hope you do. Just think when you win and get called up to the front to collect your trophy at the awards dinner. You can then stare down the 2 women who have won it the past 15+ years and say: "There's a new Sheriff in Town...and her name is Flying Ace" And then you husband can stand up, clap and cheer....Asia Rules Baby!!!.😂🤣   Oh ya....played today with my friend on Chinese New Years in the wet SLOP....2 of my fellow Mainlanders joined us....the one who couldn't speak English had a set of Majesty gold plated golf clubs....classic Chinese POSER's clubs....I've seen many gold plated clubs here...I think these clubs were $10,000-$15,000....PXG...move over. Did not see one white guy playing today...the course was busy....only 2 white fellows working in the pro shop...lots of Asian women playing today. Gung Hay Fat Choy!!
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. adamgoodman
      adamgoodman
      (26 years old)
    2. Cartagolf
      Cartagolf
      (24 years old)
    3. gnider
      gnider
      (33 years old)
    4. Hoganman1
      Hoganman1
      (70 years old)
    5. unigolf
      unigolf
      (27 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...