IGNORED

2018 BMW Championship - FedExCup Playoffs

Zeph
Note: This thread is 2051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Avoid bogey on 8, make a birdie on 9 and we're off.

Yeah, the back nine is where he made the most hay yesterday. Nobody else is really moving forward much (except Xander).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Round 1 - Strokes gained by putting: 2.2

Through 12 Holes in Round 2 - Strokes gained by putting: -1.8

Big swing from yesterday to today in putting.  Hopefully he can even out the negative strokes gained now that he's switched back to old faithful Scotty Cameron.

Edited by RichWW2
Fixed poor grammar

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Tiger's putting:

Thursday:

1: 13 ft (make)
2: 19 ft (miss from fairway)
3: 12 ft (miss)
4: 34 ft (miss)
5: Missed green
6: 13 ft (miss)
7: 9 in (make)
8: 18 ft (miss)
9: 7 ft (make)
10: 19 ft (make)
11: 15 ft (miss)
12: 13 ft (make)
13: 9 ft (make)
14: 40 ft (miss)
15: 15 ft (miss)
16: 5 ft (make)
17: 34 ft (miss)
18: 4 ft (make)

Average: 15.9 ft

Friday:
1: 37 ft (miss)
2: 26 ft (miss from fairway)
3: 20 ft (miss)
4: 18 ft (miss)
5: 4 ft (miss)
6: 15 ft (miss)
7: 20 ft (miss)
8: 44 ft (miss)
9: 2 ft (make)
10: 56 ft (miss)
11: 2 ft (make)
12: 13 ft (miss)
13: 29 ft (miss)
14: 29 ft (miss)

Average: 22.5 ft

He made more yesterday so far, but also hit it closer. 2.215 SG putting yesterday, -2.027 so far today.

Edited by Zeph
  • Like 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Yesterday: 3.116 SG approach to the green. Today: -0.088

Yesterday: 2.215 putting. Today: -2.625

Yesterday: 1.5 putts per GIR. Today: 1.929

Can't put all blame on his putter though. Lower SG on approaches affects SG putting. Yesterday he made 94 feet putts. Today 30 feet.

Aaaand he finishes up with a bogey on 18 for even par today. Not very good. I hope he did it to give everyone else a chance. I think he will head to the practice green.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Justs maddening. -8 to an even round. Tiger just has to keep it solid. Fields are so damn stout these days. Can't have a one great round and win anymore. I hope he digs something up and goes real low tomorrow to make for a great Sunday. Damn it.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

By all accounts he should've shot higher today. Testament to his scoring ability, losing strokes off the tee and putting.

He hit almost 80% of the fairways. Tee ball was not the problem. Major problems with the putter and a couple of loose iron shots on par 3’s really cost him. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

He hit almost 80% of the fairways. Tee ball was not the problem. Major problems with the putter and a couple of loose iron shots on par 3’s really cost him. 

I'm sorry, you're correct, I mean his approach shots

Colin P.

Just spent Thursday and Friday at the BMW. The weather really made the course play different. Shots that were close Thursday came up short today. The course is beautiful BTW.

7 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Justs maddening. -8 to an even round. Tiger just has to keep it solid. Fields are so damn stout these days. Can't have a one great round and win anymore. I hope he digs something up and goes real low tomorrow to make for a great Sunday. Damn it.

One of the hardest things in golf is to follow up a great round with even a really good one! I think it's not just because everything is different every day, but that an incredible round raises expectations in your own mind, and you can begin to press.

6 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

One of the hardest things in golf is to follow up a great round with even a really good one! I think it's not just because everything is different every day, but that an incredible round raises expectations in your own mind, and you can begin to press.

Well I was ok with his being -10. But to bogey the last two holes, especially that stupid bogey on 18 is what kills me. Bad breaks yeah, but his bogey on 18 was just ridiculous. Can't make those type of mistakes and get away with it. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Well I was ok with his being -10. But to bogey the last two holes, especially that stupid bogey on 18 is what kills me. Bad breaks yeah, but his bogey on 18 was just ridiculous. Can't make those type of mistakes and get away with it. 

I'm gonna blame him for the tee shot on 17 as well, it was a good 25 yards (YARDS!!) out to the right...

The approach on 18 and the first putt were both unforgivable.

Colin P.

Poor Phil. He's playing so poorly nobody wants to play with him today.

mickelson.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

---

---

Edited by Zeph

What are the chances they cut the tournament down to 54 holes if Sunday runs down the drains?

6 minutes ago, Zeph said:

What are the chances they cut the tournament down to 54 holes if Sunday runs down the drains?

They have a week off before the Ryder Cup, so they would probably play Monday if needed.

Now back to the 57 watch.

Edited by brocks

Note: This thread is 2051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!