IGNORED

Range Time, Practice or Wait?

Note: This thread is 2044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not to pick a nit, errrrr, what the hell, I'll do it. The word is "palate" not "pallet". I sold fine wine for 30 years and a pallet is something that cases of wine sit on while being shipped. OK, back on track.

I'm not a big fan of the range either, which is kind of weird since I was bona fide range rat back in the day when I was really learning how to play. I guess I had more patience back then. These days I'd rather just go play, although I'll hit the range when a specific problem pops up that I need to work on.

However, I've noticed that I've needed to "learn" how to hit every Driver I've ever bought. No substitute for range time there. That being said, I've never been fit for a club.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

34 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Not to pick a nit, errrrr, what the hell, I'll do it. The word is "palate" not "pallet". I sold fine wine for 30 years and a pallet is something that cases of wine sit on while being shipped. OK, back on track.

Duly noted.  I really don't know a whole lot about wine, only what I like in the varietals (probably misspelled that too). I tend to agree with your assessment of range time also. A lot will have to do with any built in  draw characteristics (if any) of the new equipment. I like the notion of adjusting for dynamic loft separately and then work on  draw/fade. 

Thanks,

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

14 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

Duly noted.  I really don't know a whole lot about wine, only what I like in the varietals (probably misspelled that too). I tend to agree with your assessment of range time also. A lot will have to do with any built in  draw characteristics (if any) of the new equipment. I like the notion of adjusting for dynamic loft separately and then work on  draw/fade. 

Thanks,

No problem! You nailed "varietals". Lest I be damned for going too far OT, what are your favorites?

And I wish you luck with your swing.

@Buckeyebowman...sent PM

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

2 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Not to pick a nit, errrrr, what the hell, I'll do it. The word is "palate" not "pallet". I sold fine wine for 30 years and a pallet is something that cases of wine sit on while being shipped. OK, back on track.I

I knew that but didn't want to appear like some kind of wine snob 
LOL

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

When I get new clubs, I typically go to the range first to get a feel for them.

That said, in 1985 I bought a set of Powerbilt metal woods and went straight from the store to the course; I didn't try them before I bought them.  I still remember the drive on that first hole.  I could not have hit it better.  I don't remember any other first drive and I held onto those clubs long after they left my bag... always brought a smile to my face.

John

• iacas changed the title to Range Time, Practice or Wait?
Note: This thread is 2044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!