IGNORED

My Swing (Effington)

Effington
Note: This thread is 1445 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played 9 the other day, got paired with a random. Nice guy with a pretty good swing.  First hole, my shots had a wicked hook.  Kept it in play, but it wasn't pretty.  Playing partner gave me a tip that he thought I wasn't rotating my shoulders in the backswing.  Changed my life.  Shots instantly started getting better contact with a good trajectory.  Made golf fun to play, and I even kept score (55).  Putting was surprisingly bad, otherwise I might have been sub-50.  Not too upset about that, as the solid contact on full swings made it a great day for me.

Practice this week was all about that shoulder turn.  Also, I noticed that practicing without shoes was a bad idea; I wasn't getting the full/hip rotation when I put my shoes on, so I now practice with them on.  I also found that I was getting good contact with all my clubs, as opposed to before where I wasn't very successful with longer clubs.

That being said, it looks like this had other effects, such as being across the line at the top.

Since golf instruction is gone due to COVID-19 and looks like it may not be coming back anytime soon, I'm thinking about signing up for Evolvr.  Can anyone share experiences there?  Also, is this the kind of video they accept?

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1445 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!