Sign in to follow this  
paulballs

Anyone Use Cobra F8 Driver?

Note: This thread is 795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 posts / 3592 viewsLast Reply

I went back through 30 pages of this forum, didn't see 1 thread about this club. Just looking for opinions on it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No but I use an F7 and have F7 FW and hybrids as well.  I don't think they changed much except the weighting system.

I also have the F7 but I tried the F8 at the same time and there didn’t seem much different so I went the the less expensive. I also felt the same way about the hybrid but I got the F8 because it was my birthday and I deserved it.

I bought the F8 this spring and love it. Off-center shots don't hurt you as much and it has a nice solid sound when struck. I initially got it with a stock regular shaft (Mitsubishi - Bassara E-Series 42) but recently had a chance to test it with a stiff shaft (Aldila NV-65S) and it really lowered the ball flight to a more reasonable angle (15* vs 18*) and lower spin rate. 

HTH!

Ordered a F8 tour length a week ago, delivered yesterday, took it to the course today. Never having hit it before I had one of my best driving games in a long, long time. It wasn't really longer than the M2 I had, but it was definitely much, much easier to find the fairway. 

I play the F8+ and I really like it. 3 things that made me purchase it.

1 - It was only $299, including custom fitting and I had a $60 off coupon which could not be used with Taylormade, Ping, Calloway, or Titleist. I ended up getting fitted into a Project X, black, shaft 70/6. 

2 - I'm a big fan of Arccos. Getting fit into a midsized grip that came with Cobra Connect was a no brainer. 

3 - It is almost impossible to put an idiot mark on this driver. My driver miss is often a shoulder drop, sky ball off the top of the driver head. Every time I trade in a driver it has at least one idiot mark on the top. 

I tried the F8 regular and hated it. Way too draw biased for my taste. Everything was either left or more left. The F8+, on the other hand, was perfect for me. I will say this, the sound takes some getting used to. It's very muted, almost silent. 

Overall, I really like the F8+. 

Note: This thread is 795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!