IGNORED

Cheap, 3 Piece, Yellow Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 1950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm looking for a cheap, 3 piece, yellow high optic golf ball. I am currently using recycled Bridgestone e6 in yellow. I like this ball, but I'm not always sure I get best results from used ones. The new ones are a bit expensive. I have used TopFlite Gamers in the past, and bought a few boxes of yellow balls at a cheap price at the beginning of the season. These worked great. They don't seem to stock the yellow ball at Dick's anymore, only blue balls in Gamer Soft. I can't see these in the air or in the rough. Does anybody know if the yellow gamer balls are coming back? If not, is there a comparable alternative that anyone has had experience with?

2 hours ago, LeftyWhiff said:

If not, is there a comparable alternative that anyone has had experience with?

Volvik DS 55 Yellow Golf Balls. $22.99 a dozen.  I haven't played them, though.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Cheap, 3 Piece, Yellow Golf Balls
On 9/10/2018 at 4:12 PM, LeftyWhiff said:

I'm looking for a cheap, 3 piece, yellow high optic golf ball. I am currently using recycled Bridgestone e6 in yellow. I like this ball, but I'm not always sure I get best results from used ones. The new ones are a bit expensive. I have used TopFlite Gamers in the past, and bought a few boxes of yellow balls at a cheap price at the beginning of the season. These worked great. They don't seem to stock the yellow ball at Dick's anymore, only blue balls in Gamer Soft. I can't see these in the air or in the rough. Does anybody know if the yellow gamer balls are coming back? If not, is there a comparable alternative that anyone has had experience with?

I'm in the same boat. With the gamersoft gone - not sure why? I've been on a search for a similar 3 piece and yellow ball. There's a few similar choices if you can deal with white. Such as the Cut golf white or Wilson Duo Soft Spin. I've tried the E6 soft. They are ok. But, they are not cheap. In my opinion, you might like the two piece Top Flight D2 Feel in yellow. If you can get over the amount of pieces, they have the same look at the Gamers, have a decent yellow color, feel and are always 2 for 25. On Black Friday, they will be buy one get one free. I tried the Taylor Made Project S and they were ok. I am not a fan of the matte color and feel of it. Also, I highly recommend you buy sleeves, whenever possible. Go to your local golf shops and I know Edwin Watts sell by the sleeve. You can buy trial packs on Cut Golf. Why get stuck, if you don't like them?

Edited by Sandhills Golfe

Might not be yellow, but Vice offers a lime green color on their balls and they run $25 a dozen for their premium balls and down (though you do need to buy bulk).  I'm currently playing lime green Vice Pro Plus balls and don't see myself changing anytime soon.

Cut Golf offers a 3 piece matte yellow ball for $20 a dozen.  I don't have any experience with their matte balls, but I like their premium balls.

Both brands require you to order online.

Vice Pro Soft

Cut Matte

Edited by baller7345
Adding Links

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

1 hour ago, JonMA1 said:

Ignorant question here, but do the 3 piece balls offer better spin or control on the greens?

Typically yes, but I'm p sure that a urethane cover makes more of a difference

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

23 hours ago, colin007 said:
On 9/22/2018 at 8:36 AM, JonMA1 said:

Ignorant question here, but do the 3 piece balls offer better spin or control on the greens?

Typically yes, but I'm p sure that a urethane cover makes more of a difference

My own opinion is that the cheaper 3-piece balls will check up a bit better and hold the green better than 2 piece balls, but the cheaper 3-piece balls won't do this as well as the expensive ones and the ones with urethane covers. I've tried cheaper 2 piece balls, like the Top Flight D2, and the Maxfli version, and I seemed to be bouncing and rolling these off the greens more often. I was using Callaway Supersoft early this season (2 piece), and while these balls were very good for me for distance and keeping shots from slicing as much, they would bounce and roll off the greens a bit too much as well. Bridgestone e6 balls seem a bit better (and a bit pricier) and I really liked the old gamers.

Thanks for the alternatives suggested above as well. i"ll try some of these when my current stockpile runs down.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've played the Cut Yellow and they were a lot like Volvik.

:ping:   Ping G30 - Driver       

Ping G Series - 3w & 5w 

Ping G5 - 7w & 5-PW

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52*, 56*, 60*

Ping Sigma 2 Fetch putter

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 7:51 PM, Sandhills Golfe said:

Q star tour in yellow, next month Duo Professional, comes in matte green, yellow. Not cheap, but not too expensive,

I just re-ordered the Cut Yellow balls on Black Friday for $16.95/dz...I'll have to check those out come Spring.

Ping G Series - 3w & 5w 

Ping G5 - 7w & 5-PW

On 11/26/2018 at 11:18 PM, Joey G said:

I just re-ordered the Cut Yellow balls on Black Friday for $16.95/dz...I'll have to check those out come Spring.

That's a good price, let me know how they play. I personally don't like the matte balls. They feel different and attract a lot of dirt.

Ground up chicken bones, shafting epoxy, and spray paint.  The trick is getting them to turn out reasonably round.  Get some tiny Christmas ornaments...the glass eventually wears off.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 9:27 PM, Sandhills Golfe said:

That's a good price, let me know how they play. I personally don't like the matte balls. They feel different and attract a lot of dirt.

Well, if you don't like the matte balls not sure will help but for the original poster...I've played 3 rounds now with the Cut Yellow and see now reason to ever pay more (unless I need them right away). Played it side by side with a Volvik Vivid for 9-holes on our club's practice course and literally had balls lying within feet of one another at times off back-2-back tee shots. Feel around the greens, off the putter, 7-wood...couldn't tell them apart. When I have played 18-holes with them, they drive as well as VVs too.

I swear if you blindfolded me (and I actually hit the ball), I wouldn't be able to tell them apart, I'm a Cut Golf fan.

• Like 2

Ping G Series - 3w & 5w 

Ping G5 - 7w & 5-PW

On 9/10/2018 at 1:12 PM, LeftyWhiff said:

IDK, cheaper is relative to the individual golfer. Although I  mostly play the e7 Bridgestone for a little added distance off the tee, that e6, 3 piece ball, in yellow, for around $20/dozen is a pretty darn good ball. Plus it's usually always available at various outlets. 

Since I don't feel comfortable shopping on line for personal reasons, I could probably find the Bridgestone "e" line for a lot less money than buying otc. 

As for using "used" "e" series balls, all of my practice balls, are previously played "e" series balls. The difference, if any,  when compared to a new ball, is very small as far as I can tell.  The only time I see a difference is with a damaged ball, with some of the outer skin gone. It usually flies, or rolls in a goofy manner. 

Yeah, after giving a lot of different brands a good look, I am biased towards the "e" series of Bridgestone products. 

I also believe most golfers would score better if they just found the one ball they like, and stuck with just that ball. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 1950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!