IGNORED

2018 Tour Championship - FedExCup Finale

HJJ003
Note: This thread is 2013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Great for golf to see Tiger get back into winners circle but more importantly....who’s the girl friend?

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

33 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

Great for golf to see Tiger get back into winners circle but more importantly....who’s the girl friend?

Where have you been? Lol. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

26 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Where have you been? Lol. 

Apparently not paying attention.:-(

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

21 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

Apparently not paying attention.:-(

I have no idea either.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:21 PM, p1n9183 said:

Hard but Go Tiger Go!

Wins the TOUR Championship AND

- No. 1 finishes T15 or worse

- No. 2 finishes three-way for 5th or worse

- No. 3 finishes T3 or worse

- No. 4 finishes in a three-way tie for 2nd or worse

- No. 5 finishes in a three-way tie for 2nd or worse

- No. 6 finishes T2 or worse

Almost there!

37 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Poor Justin Rose.

Well I dunno If winning $10 million for playing like s*** warrants pity...and getting that remarkably lucky bounce on 18?

But I get it. I really like Rose and aside from Ryder Cup it’s really the only time I was kinda rooting against him. I think he’ll be fine....lol.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Well I dunno If winning $10 million for playing like s*** warrants pity...and getting that remarkably lucky bounce on 18?

But I get it. I really like Rose and aside from Ryder Cup it’s really the only time I was kinda rooting against him. I think he’ll be fine....lol.

Thats true. I doubt Rose cares with that heavy wallet..lol. But even at the awards ceremony it seemed like Rose was an afterthought. 

22 minutes ago, 3jacker said:

The $10M is for playing great all year.

Yes. But no player of Roses’ caliber likes to go out like that. He’s not hurting for money. He can look at the bright side...he won the most memorable FedEx Cup.

I think $10M is a lot of money not some consolation prize. It's not like he was guaranteed coming into East Lake. I think he was happy as can be, even proud, especially because of how he hung in there, driving on fumes bringing home the booty after his game deserted him.

I think what he did not just throughout the season but also at EL stand out alone on it's own considering Tiger's year and week. 

Vishal S.

22 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I think $10M is a lot of money not some consolation prize. It's not like he was guaranteed coming into East Lake. I think he was happy as can be, even proud, especially because of how he hung in there, driving on fumes bringing home the booty after his game deserted him.

I think what he did not just throughout the season but also at EL stand out alone on it's own considering Tiger's year and week. 

I totally agree.  At one point after clinching the cup, Rose was smiling so broadly I thought he might hurt his face.  

• Upvote 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

But even at the awards ceremony it seemed like Rose was an afterthought. 

I don't.  Rose won the Fedex Cup and Tiger won the individual tournament.  Tiger went out of his way to verbally give Justin the spotlight during his short speech.  Super classy.  Justin returned the favor also.

One problem is they finally made the points scenarios pretty clear to understand finally.  I liked how they did it.  Just in time for them to change the format in a similar but possibly even more idiotic way.

Love the golf club trophy.

The girlfriend looks like a personal trainer.  Wonder how they met.  Smart of them to keep it low key.

I finally got almost what I wanted, Rory and Tiger in a playoff at a huge event.  The tournament itselfs is a big playoff, so that 'kinda' counts.  But I wanted them both on their A game and really neither was for the last round - though Tiger started off looking like it was going to happen.  Rory didn't even come close.  I'd wanted to see them both come in at like 10 under with Tiger winning in the end.

lastly, what would have happened if Tiger lost another couple storkes at the end and Billy won the tourney instead.  It wasn't clear if Justin's last hole would have mattered or not.....

Tiger noted specific players supporting him (above and beyond?) showing up at the green - Billy, little Justin, and Ricky?  He specifically reached out to two of them (Billy and JT) - of course amongst the ton of the crowd of well wishers...certainly his agent and girlfriend and the support team too...

Edited by rehmwa
  • Upvote 1

Bill - 

I thought Rory getting into the final group would be to his advantage but it didn't turn out that way. Both he and Rose had difficulty finding the fairway all day on a course with the most penal rough I have seen this side of a US Open. Tiger hit it straight and was methodical. Welcome back!

Bill M

8 minutes ago, turtleback said:

I totally agree.  At one point after clinching the cup, Rose was smiling so broadly I thought he might hurt his face.  

I must admit I was rooting for Tiger to win it all, but for Rose to absolutely pound his drive on 18, after struggling most of the day, was cool to watch!  He's been so solid all year, he definitely deserved the cup and prize!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

20 minutes ago, phan52 said:

I thought Rory getting into the final group would be to his advantage but it didn't turn out that way. Both he and Rose had difficulty finding the fairway all day on a course with the most penal rough I have seen this side of a US Open. Tiger hit it straight and was methodical. Welcome back!

Yeah I wasn't shocked by Rorys play because he has habit of disappearing on final rounds.Justin on the other hand I was shocked at his bad play.Always saw him as a steady player but clearly 10 million dollar pressure got to him even though he's already rich.

Ratings up 206% from last year, 5.21 share vs 1.7.

NBC Sports Group’s final round coverage of the TOUR Championship on Sunday (3:00-6:15 p.m. ET) earned a 5.21 Overnight rating, as Tiger Woods claimed his 80th career victory, and his first in five years. The telecast is up 206% vs. 2017 (1.70).  It also becomes the highest-rated telecast in the history of the FedExCup Playoffs (2007-’18) and the highest-rated PGA TOUR telecast in 2018 (excluding majors). Coverage peaked from 5:30-6p (7.19) as Woods finished his round and as Justin Rose was being crowned the FedExCup champion, only trailing the peaks for The Masters (11.03) and PGA Championship (8.28) in 2018. The extended coverage window (1:30-6:15 p.m. ET) posted at 4.35 Overnight rating, which is the highest-rated TOUR Championship telecast on record (2000-’18).

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/press-releases/tiger-woods-first-win-five-years-leads-highest-rated-fedexcup-playoffs-telecast-ever/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Frankly, how many other golfers can check off this list?

• Any Medal at the olympics - but we could make it Gold and stop here - unless any of our other top players won in some other event in their youth......
  • #1 rank in the world (for ANY period of time - Henrik has got to #2 I think) (AND Shortest possible tenure at #1 possible)
  • Major winner (we could add Top 5 (3) in all 4 majors if one likes)
  • FedexCup winner

Those first two stack the deck, I know......  Justin isn't hurting.  He's all alone here for some time I'm sure.  though a handful of guys compose a group that could join him after the next olympics....Tiger, Vijay, Jordan, Rory, Justin

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 2013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!