IGNORED

2018 Tour Championship - FedExCup Finale

Note: This thread is 974 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Saved a shot or two with that chip after the first pitch. Good damage control. A few more birdies or even eagle coming in would be nice now.

This is far from over. 16 resulted in a two-shot swing in favor of Rose. Rory is also right back there. Whatever happens today, Tiger will be in the last group tomorrow. When was the last time he was in such a spot? Has he been in the last group since 2013?

Edited by Zeph
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tiger and I would like to thank you all for your support. It's been a long and arduous road, and a year ago we weren't sure where we would be at the end of this season. But you all believed in us, and

WOOOO! After five years.

Posted Images

Disappointing finish after a great drive, but that's what it is. Can't be upset about a 65 round on Saturday. Still leading by three.

Just now, Zeph said:

Disappointing finish after a great drive, but that's what it is. Can't be upset about a 65 round on Saturday. Still leading by three.

Yeah and pretty damn good considering every poor shot of Rosie’s got a break and every poor Tiger shot got screwed. 

I was rooting against Rose all day because he needs to finish T5 or worse for Tiger to win the Cup, but on the last hole, I was rooting for Rose to make a birdie so he's paired with Tiger again tomorrow. 

Tiger has been driving it great, IMO because he's stopped trying to kill it, and that worked well paired with Rose.  But paired with Rory, I have to wonder how many times Tiger gets outdriven by 30 yards before he starts swinging too hard.

I would be fine with Tiger winning the tournament and Rose the cup, but I would not file a protest if Tiger snagged both.

Tiger and Rory will be a very fun group to watch.

7 minutes ago, turtleback said:

42 of 44 closeouts when leading at 54 hole mark.  Never lost with a 3+ stroke lead at 54 hole mark.  Really looking forward to tomorrow.  I just hope @colin007 can survive it.  👍

Honestly, if it happens, I will most likely get emotional. I'm not too proud to not admit that. I'm so proud of him.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Honestly, if it happens, I will most likely get emotional. I'm not too proud to not admit that. I'm so proud of him.

I've been teasing you all year about your rooting for him so hard. You always take it so well, both from me and others. But guess what? I'll be rooting for him tomorrow just so you can get to see him win again. Hope tomorrow turns out the way you want, buddy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brocks said:

I was rooting against Rose all day because he needs to finish T5 or worse for Tiger to win the Cup, but on the last hole, I was rooting for Rose to make a birdie so he's paired with Tiger again tomorrow. 

Tiger has been driving it great, IMO because he's stopped trying to kill it, and that worked well paired with Rose.  But paired with Rory, I have to wonder how many times Tiger gets outdriven by 30 yards before he starts swinging too hard.

I was thinking this exactly. Another reason I’d like Tiger to have someone to keep him cool. He’s gonna have to let Rory bomb it and not care about it. Just play his own game and let it go.

1 hour ago, GrandStranded said:

I've been teasing you all year about your rooting for him so hard. You always take it so well, both from me and others. But guess what? I'll be rooting for him tomorrow just so you can get to see him win again. Hope tomorrow turns out the way you want, buddy!

It's all good bro, I'm an unapologetic fanboy. My story isn't any different from many others, he's the reason why I took up the game, watching him play well moves me more than any other sport or hobby.

Schedule cleared for tomorrow!  I had planned to watch the Tour Championship anyway, but with Tiger leading going in, nothing's keeping me away.

Except golf practice in the morning to get video for evolvr. 

I was going to say that McIlroy isn't hitting it that much further than Tiger, but then I looked at the numbers. Rory is averaging 320 yards per drive to Tiger's 303, which is kind of nuts. Tiger is a long hitter already, but Rory is definitely a ways longer.

23 year old Cameron Champ will be playing on the PGA Tour next year. He's currently averaging 343.4 yards on the Web.com Tour. Next behind him is Brandon Matthews with 333.7. Champ's average is based on 113 drives and he's hit 67% of the fairways. Rory is averaging 320 this year. They are of course playing on different tours and courses, but it will be interesting to see how he does on the PGA Tour. He's swinging over 130 mph with ball speeds over 190.

Note: This thread is 974 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!