IGNORED

2018 Tour Championship - FedExCup Finale

HJJ003
Note: This thread is 2010 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm surprised no one tried giving the nickname "The Closer" to Woods.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

I think people prefer GOAT 😉

🐐

👍

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I don't think Tiger wil give this one away, even if he found some trouble on 10. The FEC will be interesting. Rose is still hanging in there, but not playing well today.

• Bryson DeChambeau, the leader coming into the final playoff events, needs to finish tied for 15th or worse. He is currently tied for 17th.
  • No. 2 Justin Rose needs to finish in a three-way tie for fifth or worse. He is currently second.
  • No. 3 Tony Finau needs to finish in a tie for third or worse. He is tied for 14th.
  • No. 4 Dustin Johnson and No. 5 Justin Thomas need to finish in a three-way tie for second or worse. DJ is T4 and Thomas is T6.
  • And No. 6 Keegan Bradley needs to finish in a tie for second or worse. He is tied for 27th.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

This is a 4/10 on the Hideki Matsuyama scale.

Steve

1 hour ago, iacas said:

What you’re seeing today is that “Tiger intimidation factor“ that never actually was. Tiger just often leads and plays such steady boring golf that other people have to try to play beyond their abilities to catch up to him and when they fail to, it looks like he’s intimidating.

But... but... I thought there was no comparison to all the young guns today and the retreads Tiger was beating 20 years ago.

Tiger has taken huge steps with his driver in the last 3-4 tournaments. Without those improvements he wouldn't stand a chance this week.

Rose might be focusing on securing the FEC now more than beating Tiger. He might not get caught by anyone from behind, so if he can play par in, I think he'll get it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Dustin Johnson now facing a long bunker shot.  I believe I am going to go do the "long bunker shot, practice at home" drill from LSW.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

This is amazing. Talk about shutting up the non-believers.

They're saying Tiger drank about a gallon of water per round this week.  I've come close, but it's usually in the desert or a slow round at my home course.  Maybe I need to drink more water during the round.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

5 minutes ago, Zeph said:

This is amazing. Talk about shutting up the non-believers.

I agree. Really enjoy watching this. 

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

My gosh, I mean I like DJ, Rose and JT, but It'd be sweet if Tiger magically takes the Cup.  Rose keeps going the wrong direction.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I wonder if Colin fainted yet.

• Like 1

Friends, I'm trying to keep track of all the scenarios for who gets what cup if what happens and I need to admit, I don't actually have an advanced degree in mathematics. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

7 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Friends, I'm trying to keep track of all the scenarios for who gets what cup if what happens and I need to admit, I don't actually have an advanced degree in mathematics. 

It's getting easier. Tiger is winning the tournament. Tiger, Rose or maybe DJ can take the FEC. Idk. what DJ needs to do to win. Rose is in the danger zone now. I think Tiger passes him if Rose drops another shot.

Edited by Zeph

Note: This thread is 2010 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!