HJJ003

2018 Tour Championship - FedExCup Finale

274 posts in this topic Last Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

26 minutes ago, Zeph said:

310 driving distance. 10/14 fairways. 14/18 greens. 1.7 putts per GIR. 2/2 sand saves and 100% scrambling.

He was playing well at the BMW, but needed to tighten up a few things.  Looks like he did that; he made his sand saves, and all his misses were fairly close.  I guess the worst shot he hit was his drive on 7, and his recovery from that was amazing, just like in his prime.  Even if he doesn't win this week, next year looks like it will be really, really fun.

And to that Euro bloke who keeps saying he's glad Tiger is on the Ryder Cup team --- stick that in your bangers and mash.

Edited by brocks

This is so butter silk oily smooth baby. I hear Marvin Gaye or Barry White in the background.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

26 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Tiger got his bogey out on the first hole and delivered a great 65 round after dropping a 27 feet putt for eagle on 18. Loved watching that one go in!

310 driving distance. 10/14 fairways. 14/18 greens. 1.7 putts per GIR. 2/2 sand saves and 100% scrambling. Gained strokes on all stats.

Currently tied with Fowler. If the result stands, they will head out in the last group tomorrow. He went out on fire last tournament, then cooled down on Friday. Let's see if he can keep it going this week.

Just putting this out there. I'm hoping for 65 and sizzle. Not 65 and fizzle on Friday. 

The peach man vs the orange man. Be there!

The greens were pretty quick yesterday. Might get more interesting the further we go. I didn't see too many balls roll out very much on the fairways yesterday, but that might be more due to layout than ground firmness.

Edited by Zeph

Rahm is the one to watch today, -5 after nine, -7 total. Tiger made the early birdie, but has cooled down since and just made a par on the par five hole six. Definitely wanted at least a birdie there, but found a poor lie just off the green and had to take a big whack at it.

Such a damn shame. Cruising along and has to fire a DB. Maddening.

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

That DB was soul sucking

It was definitely avoidable. He hits something 70 yards short of the green not buried in the trap he likely makes bogey and leads by 1 going into Saturday instead of being tied. He admitted he tried to get too much out of it. Besides he was pumped after making birdie at 6. 

If this is Tiger's "bad" round. He may go on to win.

I guess it's pastels week.

Cut swing?

Another solid round from Rose, amazing how he does this week in , week out 👍👍

1 hour ago, Moxley said:

Another solid round from Rose, amazing how he does this week in , week out 👍👍

I really like his attitude on the course and general demeanour. Even when struggling he hangs in there and does his thing. Cool to see he finally made it to the top of the OWGR. If not Tiger, I'd love to see Rose take it all.

Speaking of demeanour. DJ and Koepka looks like they wish this tournament had a cut. Also not a fan of Rahm. He's got some of the Garcia tendencies with fits of anger after bad shots. Tiger does this too to some degree, but it seems a bit different to me. Maybe I'm biased as a Tiger fan.

5 hours ago, Zeph said:

I really like his attitude on the course and general demeanour. Even when struggling he hangs in there and does his thing. Cool to see he finally made it to the top of the OWGR. If not Tiger, I'd love to see Rose take it all.

Speaking of demeanour. DJ and Koepka looks like they wish this tournament had a cut. Also not a fan of Rahm. He's got some of the Garcia tendencies with fits of anger after bad shots. Tiger does this too to some degree, but it seems a bit different to me. Maybe I'm biased as a Tiger fan.

I think there's a petulance to Rahm (and Sergio), that's maybe what you're seeing?

24 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I think there's a petulance to Rahm (and Sergio), that's maybe what you're seeing?

Something like that, yes. Tiger gets angry at himself with the occasional club throw and profanity. Rahm and Garcia gets mad at the course or other elements and gets pouty. Rahm in particular you often see being upset about something on the green if a putt doesn't drop. He certainly seems petulant and whiny. We all know Garcia's history with throwing shoes and using clubs as a pickaxe.

1 hour ago, Zeph said:

Something like that, yes. Tiger gets angry at himself with the occasional club throw and profanity. Rahm and Garcia gets mad at the course or other elements and gets pouty. Rahm in particular you often see being upset about something on the green if a putt doesn't drop. He certainly seems petulant and whiny. We all know Garcia's history with throwing shoes and using clubs as a pickaxe.

Honestly, I think it's their faces. They've got dumb looking faces.