IGNORED

2018 Tour Championship - FedExCup Finale

Note: This thread is 1019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tiger and I would like to thank you all for your support. It's been a long and arduous road, and a year ago we weren't sure where we would be at the end of this season. But you all believed in us, and

WOOOO! After five years.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Moxley said:

Yes, I see that but  I root for British players (Rose especially)  first and foremost, so you'll understand that I'm gunning for Rose to cap off his great season with the fedex cup win. 

Sorry, but as a European I still root big time for Tiger. Go Tiger, go 👊

• Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wonderful approach to #1 for Tiger.  C'mon Tiger!

I hate that I'm sort of rooting against Justin Rose today.  I like him, but I want him to do just poor enough for Tiger to win the Fed-Ex Cup.  

Also, I missed following closely for a few years;  is Bryson the second (after Camilo) to not win the Fed-Ex Cup despite winning two playoff tournaments?

Bryson has starter playing golf again and is currently past Tiger on the FedEx Cup sitting at T14 in the tournament.

1 minute ago, Zeph said:

Bryson has starter playing golf again and is currently past Tiger on the FedEx Cup sitting at T14 in the tournament.

So much for someone I had stuck a fork in.

Bryson needs to fall to T15 or worse and Justin to T5 or worse and Tiger has to remain solo first for Tiger to win the cup

... and Tiger will not be getting his latest "no fives" badge today.  Fortunately for him it wasn't a bogey, but it sure must have felt like one.

15 minutes ago, Shindig said:

So much for someone I had stuck a fork in.

Bryson needs to fall to T15 or worse and Justin to T5 or worse and Tiger has to remain solo first for Tiger to win the cup

... and Tiger will not be getting his latest "no fives" badge today.  Fortunately for him it wasn't a bogey, but it sure must have felt like one.

Bryson hit a timely water ball there on 15! Drops to 15 and projected third in FEC.

Rory is not playing very well yet. Rose is struggling, but has avoided the big numbers so far.

This is really intense.

Just now, Zeph said:

Bryson hit a timely water ball there on 15! Drops to 15 and projected third in FEC.

Rory is not playing very well yet. Rose is struggling, but has avoided the big numbers so far.

This is really intense.

The problem with Rory not playing well is that Tiger needs him (or a few someones, but Rory is in a good position) to beat Rose to help him out.

• Administrator

What you’re seeing today is that “Tiger intimidation factor“ that never actually was. Tiger just often leads and plays such steady boring golf that other people have to try to play beyond their abilities to catch up to him and when they fail to, it looks like he’s intimidating.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

9 minutes ago, Shindig said:

The problem with Rory not playing well is that Tiger needs him (or a few someones, but Rory is in a good position) to beat Rose to help him out.

Unless he starts turning it around, we'll have to rely more on Horschel, Rahm or DJ.

And Rose just made a birdie. Currently looks like Tiger will take the tournament and Rose the FEC. Maybe Bryson if he makes a few more or someone at -4 drops down.

Edited by Zeph

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

What you’re seeing today is that “Tiger intimidation factor“ that never actually was. Tiger just often leads and plays such steady boring golf that other people have to try to play beyond their abilities to catch up to him and when they fail to, it looks like he’s intimidating.

It's so interesting to watch from my view because I took up golf in '06 (give or take a few instances prior), so the years of my golf life when Tiger was so dominant were so early, I was still in the view that these players should be able to pull off those shots, and just weren't because of Tiger's aura (or whatever).  It makes so much more sense now that I have a better view of what reasonable expectations at each level, including top professionals, are. 

12 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

Meh, I’m not interested in Tiger winning the cup. I want him to win the event.

I agree. The cup is whatever, but the win is frigging HUGE

Note: This thread is 1019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!