IGNORED

2018 Tour Championship - FedExCup Finale

HJJ003
Note: This thread is 2015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

GCTigerTracker said largest crowds he's ever seen. Actual weekend ratings numbers will be interesting. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had forgotten what a joy it is to watch Tiger playing well.

• Like 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

I couldn't but notice the guy with the white eyeglass frames on the left. 

IMG_5787.JPG

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

4 hours ago, Moxley said:

Yes, I see that but  I root for British players (Rose especially)  first and foremost, so you'll understand that I'm gunning for Rose to cap off his great season with the fedex cup win. 

Sorry, but as a European I still root big time for Tiger. Go Tiger, go 👊

• Thumbs Up 1

Wonderful approach to #1 for Tiger.  C'mon Tiger!

I hate that I'm sort of rooting against Justin Rose today.  I like him, but I want him to do just poor enough for Tiger to win the Fed-Ex Cup.  

Also, I missed following closely for a few years;  is Bryson the second (after Camilo) to not win the Fed-Ex Cup despite winning two playoff tournaments?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Bryson has starter playing golf again and is currently past Tiger on the FedEx Cup sitting at T14 in the tournament.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 minute ago, Zeph said:

Bryson has starter playing golf again and is currently past Tiger on the FedEx Cup sitting at T14 in the tournament.

So much for someone I had stuck a fork in.

Bryson needs to fall to T15 or worse and Justin to T5 or worse and Tiger has to remain solo first for Tiger to win the cup

... and Tiger will not be getting his latest "no fives" badge today.  Fortunately for him it wasn't a bogey, but it sure must have felt like one.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I guess it's cooler out there, it looks like Woods has  that black sleeveless shirt on underneath red shirt.

Steve

15 minutes ago, Shindig said:

So much for someone I had stuck a fork in.

Bryson needs to fall to T15 or worse and Justin to T5 or worse and Tiger has to remain solo first for Tiger to win the cup

... and Tiger will not be getting his latest "no fives" badge today.  Fortunately for him it wasn't a bogey, but it sure must have felt like one.

Bryson hit a timely water ball there on 15! Drops to 15 and projected third in FEC.

Rory is not playing very well yet. Rose is struggling, but has avoided the big numbers so far.

This is really intense.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Just now, Zeph said:

Bryson hit a timely water ball there on 15! Drops to 15 and projected third in FEC.

Rory is not playing very well yet. Rose is struggling, but has avoided the big numbers so far.

This is really intense.

The problem with Rory not playing well is that Tiger needs him (or a few someones, but Rory is in a good position) to beat Rose to help him out.

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

What you’re seeing today is that “Tiger intimidation factor“ that never actually was. Tiger just often leads and plays such steady boring golf that other people have to try to play beyond their abilities to catch up to him and when they fail to, it looks like he’s intimidating.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, Shindig said:

The problem with Rory not playing well is that Tiger needs him (or a few someones, but Rory is in a good position) to beat Rose to help him out.

Unless he starts turning it around, we'll have to rely more on Horschel, Rahm or DJ.

And Rose just made a birdie. Currently looks like Tiger will take the tournament and Rose the FEC. Maybe Bryson if he makes a few more or someone at -4 drops down.

Edited by Zeph

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

What you’re seeing today is that “Tiger intimidation factor“ that never actually was. Tiger just often leads and plays such steady boring golf that other people have to try to play beyond their abilities to catch up to him and when they fail to, it looks like he’s intimidating.

It's so interesting to watch from my view because I took up golf in '06 (give or take a few instances prior), so the years of my golf life when Tiger was so dominant were so early, I was still in the view that these players should be able to pull off those shots, and just weren't because of Tiger's aura (or whatever).  It makes so much more sense now that I have a better view of what reasonable expectations at each level, including top professionals, are. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

12 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

Meh, I’m not interested in Tiger winning the cup. I want him to win the event.

I agree. The cup is whatever, but the win is frigging HUGE

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 2015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!