IGNORED

Consciously Hitting Down or Taking a Divot

Note: This thread is 2039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have never taken a divot as such but like @Patchi "trim" the grass after the ball. For me, being more of a picker is preferential due to previous wrist injuries.

I'm one of those who as soon as i start to really try conciously doing something (like taking a divot) it all goes a bit Pete Tong ;-)

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a picker, and it's one of my flaws - I get good contact a reasonable percentage of the time because I play regularly , but it's not as consistent as it could be. 

Ground is also rock hard on much of my home course, and similar to  @RussUK I have wrist issues that deter me from wanting to make too much contact with the turf. 
I'm working on taking divots after the ball with wedges though to reduce thin/fat contact with them (where it's more of an issue).

I don't consiously  try to take a divot. There are times where i make it a point to swing steep and go down hard at the ball to hit a particular shot, but its not something i think about at all in normal course of hitting a ball. It just happens. 

Note: This thread is 2039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!