IGNORED

Tour Poll Taken With Some Interesting Answers

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 2038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I'd be careful doing this. It's kind of copyrighted material. Link to the article would be better.

Yeah, you're right. Will post link next time. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think in the sense it's used in the article "talent" refers more to God-given ability rather than anything "earned" through dedication and work ethic.

Some guys just have it.  Olds will remember Bruce Lietzky from the 80s.. never practiced.  Just hunted and fished and showed up to earn a check when he needed to. Beat scores of harder-worker players anytime he wanted.

• Like 1

I found a similar poll from last year.  Back then, 72% said Tiger would never win another major.  This time, 90% said he will.   That should give him a lot of satisfaction.

Hilarious how a significant percentage of players think others cheat or play too slowly, but exactly 0% admit to doing it themselves.

Interesting that Trump lost 14 points of support since the last election, so that accords with more general polls.   I was surprised only 56% voted for him, because these guys really care about taxes; that's why so many of them live in Florida (no state income tax).  

IMO the 10 events vs 1 major thing is totally dependent on context, i.e the player's record.   If you're DJ, and already have over ten wins but only one major, another major is going to be more important.  If you're Phil, ten wins would move you ahead of Arnie to 5th on the all-time wins list, which is a much bigger deal than having 6 rather than 5 majors.  If you're Tiger, then he'd be an idiot to take one major over FOUR wins (assuming those are his only two choices), because the four wins would give him the all-time record over Snead, but one more major would still leave him second in that category.

13 minutes ago, brocks said:

I found a similar poll from last year.  Back then, 72% said Tiger would never win another major.  This time, 90% said he will.   That should give him a lot of satisfaction.

Hilarious how a significant percentage of players think others cheat or play too slowly, but exactly 0% admit to doing it themselves.

Interesting that Trump lost 14 points of support since the last election, so that accords with more general polls.   I was surprised only 56% voted for him, because these guys really care about taxes; that's why so many of them live in Florida (no state income tax).  

IMO the 10 events vs 1 major thing is totally dependent on context, i.e the player's record.   If you're DJ, and already have over ten wins but only one major, another major is going to be more important.  If you're Phil, ten wins would move you ahead of Arnie to 5th on the all-time wins list, which is a much bigger deal than having 6 rather than 5 majors.  If you're Tiger, then he'd be an idiot to take one major over FOUR wins (assuming those are his only two choices), because the four wins would give him the all-time record over Snead, but one more major would still leave him second in that category.

I think Phil would take a US OPEN win over 10 more wins. Yes?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, nevets88 said:

In8A9Ar.jpg

Those questions about pace of play really show why there's a pace of play problem in the first place. Everybody is slow but me. Ugh.

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

20 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Those questions about pace of play really show why there's a pace of play problem in the first place. Everybody is slow but me. Ugh.

Yeah it’s a shame. I’ve come to realize it’s just one of those issues that some people just will not ever grasp. You can present hard facts, data showing clear and unbiased proof and they won’t listen. The ignorant simply become stubborn.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 9/14/2018 at 9:33 PM, brocks said:

His actual loss percentage is likely to be somewhat smaller - it's more of a shift to undecided at this stage, which should be normal this long before any election - if the undecided's split in line with the declared voting intention, as opposed to 50/50,  he'll only end up about 4% down. That said, more than 5% won't vote. 

As for 'only' 56% voting for him, it'd be more appropriate to see it as 82% of those that voted , which is a pretty healthy lead in this group (albeit the group is tiny compared with the overall electorate!).

On 9/13/2018 at 1:15 PM, skydog said:

This is an absurd list. Anthony Kim???  And putting Bubba as more talented than Tiger? No. And DJ as way more talented than Tiger?? No again.

The more surprising result there is DJ so far ahead of Rory on the talent question. I think Rory is every bit as talented as DJ. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moxley said:

His actual loss percentage is likely to be somewhat smaller - it's more of a shift to undecided at this stage, which should be normal this long before any election - if the undecided's split in line with the declared voting intention, as opposed to 50/50,  he'll only end up about 4% down. That said, more than 5% won't vote. 

As for 'only' 56% voting for him, it'd be more appropriate to see it as 82% of those that voted , which is a pretty healthy lead in this group (albeit the group is tiny compared with the overall electorate!).

Please, no politics. @brocks as well.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

The more surprising result there is DJ so far ahead of Rory on the talent question. I think Rory is every bit as talented as DJ. 

I agree. I think they're both more talented than Tiger.

Colin P.

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I agree. I think they're both more talented than Tiger.

I just can’t agree with that. Yeah I get that Tiger worked hard but it’s not like Rory and DJ just sit around and play Fortnite. Tiger isn’t the GOAT because he practiced a lot. Many golfers were notorious for rigid practicing (Tom Kite, Padraig, ) and none of them achieved anywhere near what Tiger has. There’s a reason.  Not to mention the injury and 2+ year layoff Tiger took and look where he is already. 

• Like 1

Angel Cabrera, the most talented player by far. Instead of hard work he prefered to drink, eat and party all his carrear. Nevertheless he won 2 majors. Pure talent.

1 hour ago, p1n9183 said:

Angel Cabrera, the most talented player by far. Instead of hard work he prefered to drink, eat and party all his carrear. Nevertheless he won 2 majors. Pure talent.

If that’s true it shows he’s talented yes. But the most talented player? Hardly.

But we’re OT.

Edited by Vinsk

• Administrator
2 hours ago, p1n9183 said:

John Daly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 minutes ago, iacas said:

John Daly.

Yes he can play with a beer in his hand and a butt hanging out of his mouth!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

If Daly and Cabrera were more talented than Tiger then they both largely wasted their talent.  Which reminds me of this quote:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent, and the choices that you make will shape your life forever. But you can ask anybody from my neighborhood, and they'll just tell you this is just another Bronx tale."

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 2038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!