IGNORED

I Need Urgent Help Guys

kylerdunn1
Note: This thread is 2043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used to be able to hit driver. It wasn’t always accurate. But I still hit it. Now something has gone wrong.... my swings off and I can’t figure it out. I can feel it though. In my wrist. It’s like it’s rolling. But I can’t find a swing plane that keeps the wrist from rolling. I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers? I have a scramble tomorrow and I would like to be able to carry my team on drives because they’re older gentleman(40-60) and I’m 21 so I’m hoping to get this dialed in by tomorrow. If I can get the swing plane and wrist down right I can get the accuracy down quick. All my other clubs are accurate. :titleist: 915D2. Even though it doesn’t matter. Just thought the Titleist guys would help me quicker :beer:

14 minutes ago, kylerdunn1 said:

I would like to be able to carry my team on drives because they’re older gentleman(40-60) 

You might be in for a rude awakening.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty much impossible to give any sort of recommendations without seeing videos of your swing. Feel isnt real. What you are feeling in your swing is most likely not what's actually happening. 

There isnt some magic fix thats going to give you Jim Furyk accuracy overnight especially when you self-admitted you weren't all that accurate with driver to begin with.

IMO for the outing tomorrow, stop worrying about wrist roll, swing plane, etc and just go hit the ball. Might have some good ones, might have some bad ones, but good chances are at least one person out of the forusome will have a tee shot in play, so pick the best one and then go from there. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

As @klinekasays, it is impossible to give you any recommendation without seeing your swing.

My suggestion is to go to a driving range and "find it in the dirt."  

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

2 minutes ago, kylerdunn1 said:

Full rotation was killing my aim.

What does this even mean? 

Edited by klineka
  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

I would stop rotation as soon as I hit the ball. That gave me a horrible slice. So I used to have to compensate. Then I started making a full swing and completing it. Which would get me either on or near the fairway. And now for maybe a week or two I’ve had a duck hook and a horrible feeling in my wrist when I swing. I’m not sure what’s going on. I started hovering my driver after reading an article and ever since then I’ve had a terrible swing. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, kylerdunn1 said:

I would stop rotation as soon as I hit the ball. That gave me a horrible slice. So I used to have to compensate. Then I started making a full swing and completing it. Which would get me either on or near the fairway. And now for maybe a week or two I’ve had a duck hook and a horrible feeling in my wrist when I swing. I’m not sure what’s going on. I started hovering my driver after reading an article and ever since then I’ve had a terrible swing. 

Look, some hard opinions coming up. I don't know you, and haven't seen your swing, so take it as lightly as you want. Discard it completely; I don't care.

You might be able to find a band-aid that helps you by tomorrow, but by posting a bunch of feels and what things "feel like" including vague stuff like "a horrible feeling in my wrist," (what does that mean?), you're not gonna get any help here.

You're likely not a very good golfer, because simply changing to "hovering your driver" shouldn't change much of anything. A PGA Tour player could hover the club two feet above the ball and hit it flush and far.

You should get through your round tomorrow, stick around, and post a Member Swing topic. You should consider signing up at  evolvr.com for online lessons. You should read the few topics we have here on how to practice effectively. You should stop conning yourself into thinking that you were a good driver and that simply changing something like hovering the club has you hitting it terribly.

Good luck tomorrow. Read up on the ball flight laws and figure out which flight you've got and how to fix it.

P.S. None of that means you can't become a very good golfer, just that you likely aren't one now, so even if we tell you something to do, doing it in 12 hours is probably a pipe dream.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

Look, some hard opinions coming up. I don't know you, and haven't seen your swing, so take it as lightly as you want. Discard it completely; I don't care.

You might be able to find a band-aid that helps you by tomorrow, but by posting a bunch of feels and what things "feel like" including vague stuff like "a horrible feeling in my wrist," (what does that mean?), you're not gonna get any help here.

You're likely not a very good golfer, because simply changing to "hovering your driver" shouldn't change much of anything. A PGA Tour player could hover the club two feet above the ball and hit it flush and far.

You should get through your round tomorrow, stick around, and post a Member Swing topic. You should consider signing up at  evolvr.com for online lessons. You should read the few topics we have here on how to practice effectively. You should stop conning yourself into thinking that you were a good driver and that simply changing something like hovering the club has you hitting it terribly.

Good luck tomorrow. Read up on the ball flight laws and figure out which flight you've got and how to fix it.

P.S. None of that means you can't become a very good golfer, just that you likely aren't one now, so even if we tell you something to do, doing it in 12 hours is probably a pipe dream.

Damn, somebody triggered this "older gentleman" :-P

But he's right, though, @kylerdunn1. Whatever your issue is, you're not fixing it by tomorrow. Best case, you get out there and everything just clicks and you're able to drive well for at least the round. Good luck tomorrow.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Put your change in your left pocket, tie your left shoe in a double knot, turn the hat backwards, take a tee and stick it behind your left ear.

Problem solved.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, billchao said:

Damn, somebody triggered this "older gentleman" :-P

But he's right, though, @kylerdunn1. Whatever your issue is, you're not fixing it by tomorrow. Best case, you get out there and everything just clicks and you're able to drive well for at least the round. Good luck tomorrow.

Lol. Well if anyone wants to know if Erik tells it like it is.....there you go. I was fumbling around thinking how/what I can say and ...well there it is.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Quick fix: Tee off with your 3W. 

And just because you're young don't think you can out drive the old folks. 

Edited by DrvFrShow

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

No disrespect to the older crowd. I already who my scramble team is and my grandpa out drives our other two team members. And I out drive him by 30 yards or more. And I just got back from the range. Simply slowing down my swing put everything back together. I guess I’ve been trying to hammer the ball too much. I wasn’t looking for a “simple bandaid” I was looking for advice from somebody that had similar problems as me. And anytime you get a bad feeling in your wrist you’re obviously doing something wrong in ur swing. Unless you have bad joints. And the duck hook was from my swing plane being pushed out to the left. Like I said. I had a decent swing. Everything just needed put back into place 

12 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

Quick fix: Tee off with your 3W. 

And just because you're young don't think you can out drive the old folks. 

That’s what Ive done since I started golfing. Just working on driver at the range. But I figured eventually I needed to bite the bullet and hit the course with a driver. 

4 minutes ago, kylerdunn1 said:

No disrespect to the older crowd. I already who my scramble team is and my grandpa out drives our other two team members. And I out drive him by 30 yards or more. And I just got back from the range. Simply slowing down my swing put everything back together. I guess I’ve been trying to hammer the ball too much. I wasn’t looking for a “simple bandaid” I was looking for advice from somebody that had similar problems as me. And anytime you get a bad feeling in your wrist you’re obviously doing something wrong in ur swing. Unless you have bad joints. And the duck hook was from my swing plane being pushed out to the left. Like I said. I had a decent swing. Everything just needed put back into place 

That’s what Ive done since I started golfing. Just working on driver at the range. But I figured eventually I needed to bite the bullet and hit the course with a driver. 

Duck hook - you're closing the club head at impact. Watch your swing tempo. Tempo is everything. When you try to rush your tempo things will fall apart. When you go too slow things will fall apart. FWIW, I watch way too many Fred Couples videos.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

2 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

Duck hook - you're closing the club head at impact. Watch your swing tempo. Tempo is everything. When you try to rush your tempo things will fall apart. When you go too slow things will fall apart. FWIW, I watch way too many Fred Couples videos.

a simple reply with no smart assery:beer:. And yea i was closing the face slightly but the worse thing was my swing plane it was more straight back over my head and then down away from me ending up infront of my body  and above my head (which is where the wrist pain came from. Just slowing down and bringing the club back in a better plane fixed it for me.

Note: This thread is 2043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!