IGNORED

What driver brand do you use?

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 1959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What driver do you use?   

133 members have voted

1. 1. What driver do you use?

• Callaway
    • Cobra
    • Mizuno
    • Ping
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Cleveland
    • Tour Edge
    • Bridgestone
    • Adams
    • Nike
    • Other brand

Just for fun and curiosity, I thought a poll on what drivers are used by the fellow sand trappers would be nice and it would be interesting to see a percentage.  I'm sure something like this has been done before but I couldn't find it. Please vote! 

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use a 2006 Cleveland Hi-Bore.  I picked it up used, in near mint condition, about six years ago.  It set me back 20-30 bucks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

My driver, and fairway metals are all components, fitted, and tweaked to my swing. I voted "other".

I do own a a couple of Tour Edge drivers, but very rarely ever use them. When I do, it's usually for practice purposes. 

I found out a long time ago that component metal woods were just as good as the big name brands. Price wise I could have a driver, and 3 metal woods built to my specs for just a little more than a big name driver, saving me hundreds of dollars. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Ping G400 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I like my Callaway RazrFit.  I demoed the Ping G400max briefly while they were writing up paperwork on my new Ping irons a few months ago (so not a real fitting), and results were similar. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Callaway Diablo. Also a newer Nike as my secondary. Interesting topic. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

1 hour ago, Sandy Divot said:

Ping G20. I always hit the new clubs, but there isn't enough difference to justify spending the money.

1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

I like my Callaway RazrFit.  I demoed the Ping G400max briefly while they were writing up paperwork on my new Ping irons a few months ago (so not a real fitting), and results were similar. 

Yeah the improvement is slim to none but I still want new ones... 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Just now, Valleygolfer said:

Yeah the improvement is slim to none but I still want new ones... 

Me too! :roll: But can't quite justify it to myself yet.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Ping g400 LST. It's the low spin version. Best driver I have ever hit.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Callaway Big Bertha Epic with Jail Break technology. It's so good it's almost criminal.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

9 hours ago, Patch said:

My driver, and fairway metals are all components, fitted, and tweaked to my swing. I voted "other".

I do own a a couple of Tour Edge drivers, but very rarely ever use them. When I do, it's usually for practice purposes. 

I found out a long time ago that component metal woods were just as good as the big name brands. Price wise I could have a driver, and 3 metal woods built to my specs for just a little more than a big name driver, saving me hundreds of dollars. 

Curious...do you feel the same about shafts? I’m wondering if everybody who gets juiced to buy the newest driver would instead see how a $300 shaft would feel compared to shelling out $500 for a new driver.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Taylormade 17 M1

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Callaway! XR16.

Tempted to switch to the Rogue...

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Curious...do you feel the same about shafts? I’m wondering if everybody who gets juiced to buy the newest driver would instead see how a $300 shaft would feel compared to shelling out $500 for a new driver.

Not sure about that. It’s possible that a newer driver head could be more forgiving in a way that helps my shots?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Just got fitted into a Ping G400 LST 8.5º last week.  Wow.  Never would've thought I'd be put on an 8.5º head, but it was a heck of a fitting.  Surprisingly, going down a shaft flex (I think to a regular) was a key piece, too.  My SS is right around 100mph, yet, on the scope I was carrying 260-264 and rolling out to 275-278 consistently (my old R7 was 245-250 carry with short rollouts).

It has carried to the course...overall, a huge upgrade from my R7 Quad.  In addition to the distance gains, the forgiveness has been fantastic--making me rip at them even more, and getting some really long drives.

I would say the gain was from ~14 years of tech, but I saw only minimal gains with the M4 and Rogue SZ.  I have to give huge props to the fitter...guy swapped me through about 10-12 head/shaft combos, then got me into something that's giving me shots I didn't think I was capable of.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 1959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!