Sign in to follow this  
JonMA1

Has Anyone Used This Club Fitter?

5 posts / 546 viewsLast Reply

http://courtnaysgolf.com

I'm considering having my irons and driver re-fitted. His shop is down in Ionia - about 2 1/2 hours away. He seems to be the real deal.

Has anyone used his services?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I haven't heard of him but it looks similar to where @tlazzol went to get fitted for his clubs.    He was fitted near Hartland I believe but still a Wishon disciple.    Check to see what brands he carries.  

Wishon clubfitter

I not very confident with the fitting I received when I bought the driver and my iron set. I'd like to have someone else check out the type of shaft I purchased for the driver and the lie of my irons. It might be that they are all perfect, but I'd like to have someone confirm that.

Well, I know they can check the lie angle easily.  Are the iron shafts steel or graphite?  Graphite shafts should be FLO'ed (Flat Line Oscillation).  That also can be checked.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • 68 - 72 (-4) : Really good weekend. Every part of my game was on point. I´m finally hitting more greens, and more GIR means shotting lower scores. Hugh improvement in my irons accuracy in the last weeks, a bit better dispersion with my driver and decent short game makes the game easier and more fun. Keeping the ball in play is crutial, i played with the same ball the last 4 rounds, no penalty´s. This summer looks good so far.   
    • The 9th, thus Rule 9. First the Clif Notes version: Ball moved? By who or what and what we’re to do about it. BALL MOVED BY THE PLAYER Except on the putting green or during a search, if a player either accidentally or intentionally causes their ball in play to move or picks up their ball when not allowed by the Rules, the ball must be replaced.  The penalty is one stroke. (R9.4b) BALL MOVED ON PUTTING GREEN If a player accidentally moves their ball or ball-marker on the putting green, the ball or ball-marker must be replaced. No penalty. (R13.1d) BALL MOVED DURING SEARCH If the player or anyone else accidentally moves the player's ball while looking for it, the ball must be replaced.  No penalty to anyone. (R7.4) BALL MOVED BY OUTSIDE INFLUENCE If it is known or virtually certain that a player's ball has been moved by someone or something else, the ball must be replaced. No penalty to anyone. (R9.6) BALL MOVED ON ITS OWN If a player's ball is moved by natural forces such as wind, water or gravity, the ball must be played from its new location. No penalty. (R9.3) Exception: On the putting green, if the ball moves on its own after having been lifted and replaced, the player may not play the ball from the new location and the ball must be replaced. No penalty. (R13.1d2) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Rule 9 - Ball Played as It Lies; Ball at Rest Lifted or Moved Purpose of Rule: Rule 9 covers a central principle of the game: “play the ball as it lies.” If the player’s ball comes to rest and is then moved by natural forces such as wind or water, the player normally must play it from its new spot. If a ball at rest is lifted or moved by anyone or any outside influence before the stroke is made, the ball must be replaced on its original spot. Players should take care when near any ball at rest, and a player who causes his or her own ball or an opponent’s ball to move will normally get a penalty (except on the putting green). Rule 9 applies to a ball in play at rest on the course, and applies both during a round and while play is stopped under Rule 5.7a. What’s covered in the Rule: 9.1 Ball Played as It Lies 9.2 Deciding Whether Ball Moved and What Caused It to Move 9.3 Ball Moved by Natural Forces 9.4 Ball Lifted or Moved by Player 9.5 Ball Lifted or Moved by Opponent in Match Play 9.6 Ball Lifted or Moved by Outside Influence 9.7 Ball-Marker Lifted or Moved https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules/rules-2019/rules-of-golf/rules-and-interpretations.html#!ruletype=fr&section=rule&rulenum=9 https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules/rules-2019/rules-of-golf/rules-and-interpretations.html#!ruletype=interp&section=rule&rulenum=9
    • Hey y'all! I'm Chris from South Carolina here!  Finally bought my first beginner set after years of flirting with game!  Can't wait to pick them up this week!  I am totally excited to learn from you fine men and women about this great game!   
    • I prefer to walk. But will ride if the green fee includes cart or if my friends ride. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...