Valleygolfer

Got $110 in Pro shop money that needs spent, what should I buy?

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have some money from some tourney's this year and have to spend before the end of the year. I really only need high dollar items like new irons or driver.  I can order something through the shop as well. Maybe you guys can remind of something I haven't thought of or don't have already. I know this is mindless drivel but you can humor me or not.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

22 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I have some money

Golf balls 

Pro shop, as in you can't just put $110 towards a new driver and make it affordable?

In that case, stocking up on golf balls is the obvious answer.  If you can order push-carts and don't have one, I'm a huge fan of those, so that's my other idea.

4 minutes ago, mdl said:

Pro shop, as in you can't just put $110 towards a new driver and make it affordable?

In that case, stocking up on golf balls is the obvious answer.  If you can order push-carts and don't have one, I'm a huge fan of those, so that's my other idea.

I wanted to do that but the driver I want is priced at $499 and I don't want to pay that for it, let alone $399... I have 2 push carts already and need to sell one of them (brand new) to supplement the over priced driver.

1 minute ago, billchao said:

I could use a new GW, @Valleygolfer 😉

Technically so could I...that maybe the buy... I would let you use it if we play together again...

Don't tell your wife about it or it will be spent in a heartbeat ….

Some courses clubs allow Pro Shop credit to be spent on Food and Beverage.
Also, it may be used for Cart Fees and possibly Green Fees.

I like to wait till the end of the season and purchase clothing when it goes on "Sale"
Golf Pants, Shorts, Shirts, or even stock up on Gloves.

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

Don't tell your wife about it or it will be spent in a heartbeat ….

Some courses clubs allow Pro Shop credit to be spent on Food and Beverage.
Also, it may be used for Cart Fees and possibly Green Fees.

I like to wait till the end of the season and purchase clothing when it goes on "Sale"
Golf Pants, Shorts, Shirts, or even stock up on Gloves.

Don't have a wife so... Carts I occasionally use and that might work. Clothes are a possibility....

Push carts, bags, golf balls, clubs, whatever you need.

I got all of those with my tournament winnings in the past.  They can also special order whatever you want for you.  I had my cart/carry hybrid bag from Sunmountain ordered through my proshop with the winnings.

If you have everything you need, club wise, or bag wise. I'd go with stuff that wears our easily. Balls, and gloves come to mind. Shoes maybe?

Candlesticks.  If the pro shop doesn't have any in stock then perhaps they could order some.

Given that every golf club pro shop I've ever been in only offers their stuff at pure retail list price, and not a penny less, I would wait until an end of season inventory clean out sale, which they're bound to have, because only a nut would pay the prices they usually sell things at. So they will have a ton of this year's merchandise, clubs, balls, clothing...everything,  that they'll need to get rid of in order to to make room for next year's stuff.

Your patience will be rewarded. My club's pro shop just had a Columbus day inventory blow-out sale with clubs & balls at 30% to 40% off list and shirts, shorts and pants up to 70% off. They usually have another one just after the holiday shopping season, but by then a lot of the good stuff is gone.

Edited by xrayvizhen

Find out when the next junior golf tournament is and offer to give the credit to the winner.

22 hours ago, Piz said:

Candlesticks.  If the pro shop doesn't have any in stock then perhaps they could order some.

Colonel Mustard was asking me to pick some up... 

22 hours ago, xrayvizhen said:

Given that every golf club pro shop I've ever been in only offers their stuff at pure retail list price, and not a penny less, I would wait until an end of season inventory clean out sale, which they're bound to have, because only a nut would pay the prices they usually sell things at. So they will have a ton of this year's merchandise, clubs, balls, clothing...everything,  that they'll need to get rid of in order to to make room for next year's stuff.

Your patience will be rewarded. My club's pro shop just had a Columbus day inventory blow-out sale with clubs & balls at 30% to 40% off list and shirts, shorts and pants up to 70% off. They usually have another one just after the holiday shopping season, but by then a lot of the good stuff is gone.

We have a small shop but I will have to consider that. 

19 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Find out when the next junior golf tournament is and offer to give the credit to the winner.

I don't think we have anything until next year.