IGNORED

Clubs You're Most Likely to Replace Before Next Season?

ChetlovesMer
Note:Β This thread is 2011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

What club(s) are you most likely to replace?   

28 members have voted

1. 1. What club(s) are you most likely to replace?

• My Driver
    • My Irons
    • Hybrid, driving iron, or crossover
    • My fairway wood(s)
    • My wedges
    • My putter
    • I'm going to replace every club in my bag
    • I never replace my clubs. I still have hickory shafts.

I was just thinking that I've subbed out my 4-iron, with a cross over, then switched to a hybrid, then back to a 4-iron, then back to the cross over, then back to the hybrid.

I've also played 2 different drivers this season.Β 

On the other hand I've been playing the same irons 5-PW for almost 10 years.Β 

In my entire golf life of 25 years I've only had 3 putters for any substantial amount of time. My last switched actually occurred when my current putter broke (the bag fell off the cart.)

I replaced my wedges but that was just going to a newer Titleist Vokey. As my previous wedges were 6 years old.Β 

I'm always tinkering with the top of the bag, but almost never change the bottom of the bag.... hmmm? I don't know what that means but it's interesting. … well, at least to me.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Clubs You're Most Likely to Replace Before Next Season?

My clubs are all only a year old or less, so I don’t anticipate any changes. That said, I may pick up individual clubs if I see a good deal. Maybe a wedge or hybrid. But nothing planned.

My Driver and 3W might be on the chopping block. If I can find something with newer technology that can outperform them I will probably replace them. Looking for improvements on both distance and left/right dispersion. All my other clubs are less than a year old.

-Jimmy

:nike:Β VR_S Covert 2.0Β Driver, 3W
:pxg: 0311 X (3), 0311 XF (4-6), 0311 (7-PW, 52/56/60)
:titleist:Β 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport Select Putter

"That tiger ain't go crazy; that tiger went tiger!" - Chris Rock

I carry one of two sand wedges, a 54 and a 58, depending on what I expect to encounter.Β  I'm thinking about building a 56 and using it year-round.Β  As I get older I wax nostalgically about days gone by...when (true or not) there didn't seem to be so many choices to make.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

I need a new lob wedge for sure. The treads on mine are pretty bald.Β 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Just got new irons/wedges earlier this season and just picked up a taylormade m1 to replace my old Nike VR driver earlier this week. Β Gonna miss the old VR Driver though because i hit it very well. BUT......i need to find a good 3 iron. Currently have a Nike VR Pro that i just never have hit very well. looking at the taylormade p790 and really leaning towards thatΒ club lately.

:tmade:Β M1Β 9.5* Kuro Kage Stiff
:nike:Β VR Pro 3 Wood 15* Project X 6.0
:nike:Β VR Pro 3 Iron Project X Rifle 6.0
:tmade:Β M4 4-6 Project X Rifle 6.0, M4 7-GW KBS Max 85
:cleveland:Β RTX-3 56* & 60*

I don't see a reason to replace anything at the moment.

Β 

Julia

:callaway:Β Β :cobra:Β Β Β Β :seemore:Β Β :bushnell:Β  :clicgear:Β Β :adidas:Β Β :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree;Β 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5Β degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I am already into my "next season". Unless something drastically goes wrong with my bag of sticks, like some sort of damage, I have no plans to replace anything. Maybe some grips, but that's about it.

Right now I am playing with a combo mix of my newest set, and the set it replaced. Newer clubs won't help out my game that much.Β 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I voted never replace, but I am joking. I have been through the whole bagΒ in the past 12 months, and I am reallyΒ satisfied andΒ set for a few years. The only thing I am toying with is trying a 58* wedge with a higher bounce--likely an SM7 D grind. If I did this, I might drop my 56 and 60 and put the 4 iron in the bag. This would tighten up my gap on the top end between my 5 iron and 21* hybrid, and should work ok because I have a 53* gap wedge in my set. I have spent a lot of time with only one specialty wedge, and it works for me. The gap at the top is not too bad though, and I might be better off with more options on the bottom end. Probably, I am just manufacturing an excuse to try that D grind wedge.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 SΒ Β Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;Β Β Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts-Β TT AMT Red S300Β ;Β WedgesΒ Vokey SM8Β 56-10DΒ Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5Β Β Ball:Β Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Actually I'm seriously considering getting a chipper because my short game is suchΒ rubbish. That would take the place of one wedge.

Julia

:callaway:Β Β :cobra:Β Β Β Β :seemore:Β Β :bushnell:Β  :clicgear:Β Β :adidas:Β Β :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree;Β 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5Β degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

5 hours ago, dbuck said:

I voted never replace, but I am joking. I have been through the whole bagΒ in the past 12 months, and I am reallyΒ satisfied andΒ set for a few years. The only thing I am toying with is trying a 58* wedge with a higher bounce--likely an SM7 D grind. If I did this, I might drop my 56 and 60Β 

I've been toying with the same idea.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

I don't need anything, but if I ever get my behind to Erie, I will get an Edel wedge fitting. It has been just too busy this fall. I'm playing used ones I picked up at Golf Galaxy. Not sure why the previous owner ditched them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I might replace hybrids. Keep going back and forth between them and irons. I like how easy it is to hit them but just can't seem to find the right one. I think it's more of shaft issue.Β 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white)Β 

If I replace anything, it will be my driver.Β  The Titleist 910 D2 has been with me for 7 or 8 years now.Β  I'm considering doing a fitting, to try different clubheads and shafts, and see if I can improve a bit.Β  I know there's a fitter at Mid South in Pinehurst who uses Trackman, on an open range, with ProV1 range balls, who has most or maybe all of the major manufacturers' heads and lots of shafts.Β  I'm not sure how much improvement I'll need to see to convince me to spend the money, but I'm at least thinking about it.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 
:ping:Β G5i putter, B60 version
Β :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy:,Β :true_linkswear:, and AshworthΒ shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Barring a surprise inflow of cash, I'm not buying anything new, but the putter in the bag canΒ always be subject to a change out.

I've got two in reserve, so the flat stick is always a bad two or three rounds from getting benched.Β 

Note:Β This thread is 2011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!