IGNORED

My Swing (Slim_Pivot)

Slim_Pivot
Note: This thread is 757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I see you encountered the ole can’t get a face on view at the range problem, have to improvise. Been there, done that. Nice work!

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t been able to post for a while. I was on a Myrtle beach golf trip this week. Very anxious to see how my swing transferred to golf course.

Swing changes are successful so far. First few days-good for 12 holes, then swing fell apart-driver especially.

Last couple days I slowed my driver swing way down and hit draws down the middle all day. I had a birdie every round. 3 in the last round. 

Major problem is 5-wood off the ground, I skank it every time. Will monitor.

• Like 1

First session after playing for a week with no practice.

FIRST SWING 9-IRON

It felt a tad flippy at impact. Little across the line.

7-IRON LATER IN SESSION

FACE-ON 6-IRON

THOUGHTS:

1. It seems I lost some forward shaft lean at impact

2. When I bowed my wrist and stayed really deep in transition, it was duck hook city. Even when I really swung to first base. Exception was weakening my grip a lot. Then I really bowed and released. Great shots- but hard to repeat at the current time.

3. It does look (and feel) like my body is moving more fluidly. My left leg is NOT flexing/relaxing 3 times through impact like it was before.

I’m hitting a lot of nice little draws. But, honestly I’m a little lost and don’t know what to do (with swing mechanics). I might be ready for next lesson soon? I don’t really know.

• Administrator

Swinging to first is the last thing you want to do when hitting duck hooks. Ball flight laws.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Swinging to first is the last thing you want to do when hitting duck hooks. Ball flight laws.

Ok thanks. Im afraid of losing my right pointing hula-hoop. Then I can’t move on

• Administrator

Swinging out makes the ball hook.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Having a bad time. Backswing felt bad when I played on Sunday. I went to work on it today and went backwards/nowhere.

3 swings.

So my backswing feels terrible. My setup feels bad also. I keep trying to have less forward shaft lean at impact. When I do, I feel 2ft behind it, and hit it 6 inches fat.

But my backswing feels very closed, and my wrist hinge feels bad like my wrists are not cocking, but just bowing sideways.

I feel like I don’t have room to drop the club in transition, I feel like a clustered turd at the top. 

I dunno, I’m gonna work on setup and slow mirror swings to try to figure something out.

*TYPO. LESS FORWARD SHAFT LEAN AT SETUP*

• Administrator

Your sequencing seems off. The legs go to 90% in the first 10% of the backswing, for example. You know what I mean?

• Informative 1

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

Your sequencing seems off. The legs go to 90% in the first 10% of the backswing, for example.

Ok thanks, I’ll start there.

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

You know what I mean?

Ya, I messed with slowing my arms and speeding up my body turn. But I was wrong as usual. I will start where you said.

Thanks for the guidance. I’m trying to make it to Eerie for a lesson. Maybe in 2.5 weeks. I need help with the driver desperately.

With exception of the last 2 days, I have never hit the ball better (all draws during play), so it’s not all bad.

YESTERDAY’S SESSION

Goals:

1. Work on backswing sequence (legs not doing too much too fast)

2. Improve setup

3. Depth in transition as always

4. Hit better drives 

Setup stuff:  felt cockeyed last 2 rounds/practice session

I made my left shoulder-arm align more with the shaft at address. (May have helped alignments) I was able to have less shaft lean at setup. Hitchhiker thumb. Arms still hang. Felt a tad better.

IRON SWING

-setup stuff (see above)

-I worked on keeping bill of hat square to ground to help backswing sequence. Backswing felt better.

-not sure if my hips are driving enough in transition.

-my weight has started hanging more on my right foot in transition before going forward. Used to go 90% left foot. LSW mentioned this, so I’m not going to stress over changing back.

DRIVER SWING

-worked on posture. Ball off inside of front foot. Middle of body/head a little behind that point. Stand taller, arms hang. Club/left shoulder align.

-club shaft looks very long to me right now (fwiw)

-seems like my hips turned a lot in backswing. I don’t really know what to do with driver.

Made progress this session, got back on track at least a little.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still fighting through some things. Everything feels bad but backswing feels extra bad especially wrists.

I thought I was getting really flat so I tried to get a steeper shoulder turn. I was wrong but must post evidence even if it’s bad.

NEXT (MAIN PART OF SESSION)

I deleted the flatter down the line by accident. So that stinks. I dropped it in transition ok but my wrist was too cupped. It’s a much similar swing to the face on below. They are about an hour later than the one up top.

Even tho the shaft lines up at impact, my wrists really flipped after. Based on the vid I lost, I really think I need to bow my wrist in transition. That will be my main focus on my slow swings.

DRIVER SWING (hit an ok drive)

Feeling was come from inside with a closed club face and cover the ball (FWIW)

Not swinging so great, but I’m trying to grind through it.

Another day of practice. 

GOALS:

1. Fix wrist conditions at top of swing, club feels shut and really bad.

2. bow wrist more in transition.

3. don’t flip at impact, continuation of goal #2

I worked on something in my takeaway last night in slow mo, kept the triangle a little better which helped make the club less shut. I was almost holding the cup in the takeaway causing my wrists to almost roll shut instead of set on plane (I think, amateur speculation) It did seem to work tho, and feel better at the top.

SWING 1: One of my backswing drill swings where I kept my armpits feeling tight. Much happier with wrist condition at top of swing. 

Downswing was crap but it’s kind of hard to drop arms in transition when armpits are tight to sides. So that’s ok. Afraid to do too many of these swings. 

SWING 2 (majority of session) used my backswing feeling but focused on the usual (stay deep in transition, bow wrists, don’t flip, swing in to out).

This was a successful session I think. Trying hard.

• Administrator

Keep at it. And sneak out for those face-on views if you can…

What feeling do you use to stay deep in transition? This is to get your path more "in to out"?

:whistle:

3 hours ago, jshots said:

What feeling do you use to stay deep in transition? This is to get your path more "in to out"?

Yeah that’s how I’m able to swing “in to out”. If I don’t stay deep in transition-I’m toast.

I do two things I’m transition practice. 

1. I set up those balls on a slightly exaggerated path to help. If it’s too crazy, it doesn’t help.

2. In transition, I bump/ drive my hips and drop the club straight down and bow my wrist. It feels like the velcro on my glove points straight to the camera.

0D329EDA-541D-4E1D-986F-DAA3934AE55C.png

Next video I post, I’ll do what it feels like to me and tag you in it. I rehearse it all the time before I hit

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 10:40 AM, jshots said:

Here’s the pre-shot thing I’ve been doing to keep the club deep in transition and change my path. I do this before every shot. Practice, play, even slow swings in my house. This is what it took for me to change. It wasn’t hard per-say; just beyond continuous. 

I go to the top, bump my hips hard, drop the hands, bow the wrist. All in unison.  Then I trace the balls on the ground while I keep bowing and not releasing the hands. The club is squared by the bowing of the wrist.

Side note: I didn’t realize how awful this looked lol. Or how far I was dipping down. From now on I will try to stay taller while doing this.

I currently have no priority piece and am just practicing my moves. I’m hitting the ball well and trying to knock the rust off/score better. Last 2 rounds I shot 79/80 and they were disgraceful with how well I’m hitting it. Just rusty and haven’t practiced short game. 

Goals:

1. Continue to monitor wrist condition at top of swing. (Success)

2. Stay deep, keep in-to-out path. (Success)

3. Try to do the new move from last lesson. Post up stuff (failure today)

FIRST SWING: not indicative of very much feel free to skip.

Slow mo swing. I always start out with 5 slow swings. This was the 5th. Focus was connected armpits on backswing (during those 5 only)

FACE ON:

I was very much hurrying. No pre-shot anything. Probably very indicative of how I swing under pressure during play. I think my post impact extension must be better. More on that below.

DOWN THE LINE

I wish I had more bowing in transition.

Notes:

1. It seems bow as I get to the top, so that closed position may be a tad deceiving. However, this is my swing now, so if wrist conditions need changing-we should do it soon. I mean David Duval was strong grip/shut so maybe I’m ok?

2. I would like to bow more in transition, I want to see more of my glove logo. More bowing should allow me to stop the early flip in the through swing and get more extended. 

3. I got lost for a week there and had to get my basics back before I could try this again...

IMPACT STUFF; in my last lesson, I posted into the lead leg-almost leaned back and fired hard (after transition, through impact)  I’m having a lot of problems with it. It hurts my Achilles/ankle kind of bad. I did about 20 today and am having trouble getting it-plus I don’t want to cuz of the pain (I don’t mean that in a long term way. More like it hurts so I avoid doing it). I must be doing it wrong.

Note: This thread is 757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!