Slim_Pivot

My Swing (Slim_Pivot)

116 posts in this topic Last Reply

01.jpg

Both of those could be a little bit better. A bit more palmar flexion, and controlling that overtaking/rolling rate better on the follow-through.

Best advice I can give you right now: review your photos and the notes beneath them, and spend a little time working on those things again. Start small, and slow, and short… and you'll find that you can get back to higher speeds relatively quickly. Not as slow as the last time, the first time, but not immediately full swings, either, at full speed.

All that said, yeah, the angle doesn't help a ton, and there's no face-on, so…

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I was able to get some range work in today. I did many drills and dribbled many balls 20 yards while swinging 2 MPH. I went through my notes and worked on a few things.

1. Keeping a steady head in the backswing, focused on pushing my left shoulder down to finish my turn.

2. (Main priority) I worked on supinating the heck out of it. Bowing wrist from the top, throughout downswing, and through the finish. I really wanted my lead arm way ahead of the ball at impact (feeling).

3. (Minor priority) I wanted to maintain lead arm depth in transition. I feel as if I did NOT do this enough, but I was focusing too hard on the main priority.

PAUSE DRILL

FIRST REGAINED SUPINATION FEEING, forgot to stop. Sry @iacas

Regained forgotten feeling...(inside out feeling-personal use)

DRILL

Good example of what I was trying to do. Not in love with backswing, would like more supination and depth in downswing.

Overall I think this was successful. Regained feelings and coordination. I think my backswing needs to improve by having almost no cup or slight bow at the top. I may not be physically able to bow the wrist enough if it’s cupped.

Looks like you got mostly back on track. You're right about the arm depth, but it wasn't "bad" in the last two videos. Not great, but better.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

Looks like you got mostly back on track. You're right about the arm depth, but it wasn't "bad" in the last two videos. Not great, but better.

Ok, thanks for the info so I know where I stand. So I’ll keep working to get deep and as supinated as I can. I was going to make an appointment with you sometime in the next 7-17 days. I don’t know what to do next. Am I close to being able to play?

5 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Ok, thanks for the info so I know where I stand. So I’ll keep working to get deep and as supinated as I can. I was going to make an appointment with you sometime in the next 7-17 days. I don’t know what to do next. Am I close to being able to play?

I'm not sure what supination you keep talking about. Do you mean palmar flexion of the left wrist?

Also, you should be fine to play any time… but also, even Tour pros are working on things. It just depends, in part, on how far you get and how far you want to go.

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm not sure what supination you keep talking about. Do you mean palmar flexion of the left wrist?

Yes. Sorry, I thought supination was bowing your lead wrist.

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Also, you should be fine to play any time… but also, even Tour pros are working on things. It just depends, in part, on how far you get and how far you want to go.

I didn’t think about it. Just got into a loop. You give task, I complete. Then repeat. I felt close to being ready for the next one.

Anyways, at minimum I feel like I need an overview or wrap up-even if it’s a 5 minute demonstration where I can ask a few questions about the swing. Kind of start to finish of the swing type of deal

22 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Anyways, at minimum I feel like I need an overview or wrap up-even if it’s a 5 minute demonstration where I can ask a few questions about the swing. Kind of start to finish of the swing type of deal

Sure, any time. But you just took a long time off and haven't been practicing much, or I'm misunderstanding? As you know I'm not a big fan of piling more in when you're already thinking/working on two things.