IGNORED

Relationship Issues Messing with Game?

MCrisp
Note: This thread is 2008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Trade in the spouse at Play It Again. Get one that suits your game better.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 hours ago, MCrisp said:

I can’t!!! He’s a better golfer than me!!! That would be a loss 😂

He will always be once he gets in your head a messes up your game.... 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Is this while on the course?  Is he playing in the same group as you?  If so, tell him to let you play your game and then you can yell at each other.  If not on course, leave it at the door when you leave or if he is calling you on course...don't answer the phone, wait till it stops ringing and tell him your playing golf to text you whatever he needs.  Then wait till 18 to read it.

Now...all this advice is worth exactly what you paid for it and remember...I have been married 3 times.  😀

Edited by RickK

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

20 hours ago, MCrisp said:

What does one do when they have an argument with their spouse and it messes with their shots? How does one get over it?

I believe @CarlSpackler had the best advice but I believe it would benefit you to find a women's league and play with others women.   It will add a different perspective to your golf game.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Two recent movies kind of deal with this issue, Free Solo and First Man. When I considered their pov, you mess up, you die, golf seems a lot easier.

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Never had an argument bad enough to carry over onto the course.  We generally talk it out pretty quickly after a spat and neither of us typically holds a grudge.  She told me when she accepted my proposal of marriage that she was a bitch, so I'd better be okay with that.  :~(

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

My answer may disappoint you. It will effect you. In Jack’s autobiography, he mentions how his wife had a revelation that he believes to be true; Players who are in a good place within their relationship/marriage play better than those who are not. He claims the success of Arnie, Black Knight, and himself had a lot to do with each of them being married to an “amazing woman”

It's hard for me to enjoy golf - much less play well - when there's excessive drama in my life. Even less so when drama follows me onto the course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jon

I follow the #1 rule: never argue with the wife 😉

It also helps that I compartmentalize well.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• iacas changed the title to Relationship Issues Messing with Game?
29 minutes ago, billchao said:

I follow the #1 rule: never argue with the wife 😉

It also helps that I compartmentalize well.

Yes, push it all down and squash those feelings... 😁👍

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

16 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Yes, push it all down and squash those feelings... 😁👍

I noo you wuz whipped.. ha ha

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, JonMA1 said:

It's hard for me to enjoy golf - much less play well - when there's excessive drama in my life. Even less so when drama follows me onto the course.

I just added hitting a bucket on my first thing to do every day. Then go to work. Became a routine. Fight or no fight- we’re both golfing today, maybe not together, but I found it changed my outlook on my marriage. He can’t believe he came home after 3 weeks and now his wife won’t shut up about it. I think he doesn’t recognize this person. 

Note: This thread is 2008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!