IGNORED

My Swing (RJ1185)

RJ1185
Note: This thread is 1834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Would love to help, but you can barely see about 1/3 of you in that video.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you. The tiny video is from when I was playing well (maybe 3or 4 Better than  previous handicap for about a month)

The two below are me today playing pretty terribly. I've included two of my worst (both tops which I haven't done in a long time prior to this)

I can see a lot has changed for the worse but not sure how its crept in

• 2 weeks later...

Saw my instructor and started to tackle issues that had crept into my swing. Path numbers now consistently back in to out.  Good shots habe me getting the face mayne 1 closed to the path. Everyone now and again leave it just slightly open to path and hit small push fade. Now though these are the kind of push fade that hit bunkers instead of OB so they are way more playable than pre lesson.

Videos are me hitting practice balls as I'm in the garden but I don't that it changes my mechanics

Yep we went last weekend. I was not striking it particularly well so ended up playing quite a conservative style and managed to be about 3 or 4 over handicap both days. The course was amazing though and managed to play well enough to enjoy it.

Played today and saw a big step back on track. Slightly under handicap and had a few areas I could habe scored better around the green so all in all quite happy.

Up to date driver swing

This was really on form at the weekend (0.75 shots lost to scratch off the tee according to game golf) but it still feels quite a boom or bust part of my game. 

I have decent distance and swing Speed for my handicap and according to trackman my path numbers are relatively well controlled. However, some days I just lack the face control to get good results. 

Feeling more and more into the groove now. Seeing a reliable small push draw with most clubs. Playing well for me bug sure there's plenty still amis technically.

Included a 4iron DTL as I find long irons bring out my flaws most clearly.

To my unqualified eye I feel my impact position could have a better left worst but I'm not entirely sure. 

Did a trackman combine today and was having a very good day for me ball striking wise.

Scored a 73: This raises the question of where I drop my shots as I'm nowhere near the 4 handicap it estimates

20190328_135358.jpg

Thinking about the ten shot gao between estimates trackman combine handicap and my real handicap;

A) I did have a  much better than average day doing the test- I was at my best ball striking wise. 

B) I'm prone to a blow up off the tee where I'm out of bounds and this just by chance didnt happen on my 6 drives for the combine test.

C)I am very poor when it comes to an up and down from near the green (as my game golf tells me).

I'm going to look at my on course stats the next few times I feel I'm striking it as well as I did in the test and see where I can see the extra shots.

20190328_135358.jpg

Did some work on being less flat with my mid irons to calm down occasional over draws.

This produced some in-out paths that were  lower to the zero. 

Hit a lot of half swings with this and then a few full swings not quite at full speed. 

Here's the outcome one full swing;

Hopefully this is a good 

I think I'm probably creating this thread just for me but I like having it as I kind of journal of what I've been working on.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RJ1185 said:

I think I'm probably creating this thread just for me but I like having it as I kind of journal of what I've been working on.

Nothing wrong with that. People will tend not to comment on stuff if you're already working with an instructor.

Swing looks good, keep up the hard work.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Thanks. 

Yeah, I guessed people would tend to not offer too much advice as I'm working with an instructor. Good to have a single voice guiding changes etc to keep it consistent I expect. 

1 hour ago, RJ1185 said:

Thanks. 

Yeah, I guessed people would tend to not offer too much advice as I'm working with an instructor. Good to have a single voice guiding changes etc to keep it consistent I expect. 

I agree with Bill. I post not always looking for comment but really just to track my progress.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

As far as detailed technical stuff, i don't really know. But for as much as you over-swing and change levels on the backswing, you really do a pretty good job of moving your body through the ball on the way back down. It seems like you have good instincts and athletic ability. Thats a great place to start. 

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I agree with Bill. I post not always looking for comment but really just to track my progress.

I agree. I'm enjoying having a record of my progress

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

A little picture here I think is a good representation of golf for a lot of us. These are two practice sessions 5 days apart

IMG_2019-04-12_12-58-00.JPG

I think this explains why I can shoot 80 on Saturday and 100 on Sunday. My guess this is a familiar experience for a few people

Edited by RJ1185
Typo

2 hours ago, RJ1185 said:

My guess this is a familiar experience for a few people

Yup. Golf can be an adventure at times.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!