colin007

Poulter Plays In Under 2.5 hrs

10 posts / 980 viewsLast Reply

These pros are too slow, really. There's no need.

Poults goes out first, plays in a breezy 92 minutes. Good for him, which I can't say that often.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ian-poulter-plays-final-round-in-dubai-in-2-hours-22-minutes-and-shoots-his-best-score-of-the-week

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Poults goes out first, plays in a breezy 92 minutes. Good for him, which I can't say that often.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ian-poulter-plays-final-round-in-dubai-in-2-hours-22-minutes-and-shoots-his-best-score-of-the-week

142?

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

I guess he didn’t have to waste any time barking at any unsuspecting officials or fans....😳

Edited by Vinsk

16 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I guess he didn’t have to waste any time barking at any unsuspecting officials or fans....😳

It was a European tour event, so there probably weren't any objectionable fans there to bother him 😎

During the local senior PGA event this year there were two groups of seniors that started before the others and they played around 2 hours.      I don't think his playing fast is that great of an accomplishment to warrant this media hype.   Maybe it's just hype to help speed up play..

Edited by dennyjones

I used to have a sweet deal with work where I played Wednesday mornings, and hardly anyone was at the course.   I usually played in 90 - 110 minutes (course was un-walkable, so on a cart) and could shoot near my handicap.   If I was behind Poulter, I'd be furious at being held up.....