Sign in to follow this  
TurfClubPrez

Best PGA Tour Course to View/Follow Players?

5 posts / 893 viewsLast Reply

What in your personal opinion, either from going yourself to a PGA event or hearing from a reputable source, is/are the best course(s) to follow around your favourite player(s)?

- sightlines

- ease to follow through all 18 holes

- viewing multiple holes from one area

Welcome to TST.    We're glad you've joined.  

I can't speak for others because I haven't traveled to many courses to watch PGA tournaments.   Back in the day at the Buick Open in Grand Blanc, MI it was an amazing place to see a golf tournament.   Warwick Hills was a shorter course, several adjacent holes and a grandstand hole on #17 where the par 3 was known at the time as the rowdiest hole in golf.    It is now home to the Ally Challenge home to the Champions Tour.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hello and welcome to TST. I haven’t traveled much to see many different venues but I can vouch for the Arnold Palmer Invitational here in Orlando. I’ve been the last four years and always well organized. There are many areas where you can be up close to the players and it’s an easy course to walk around. 

18 hours ago, TurfClubPrez said:

- sightlines

- ease to follow through all 18 holes

- viewing multiple holes from one area

TPC Stadium Courses are designed for spectator viewing.
I've been to the Phoenix Open multiple times and before they added grandstands one could view multiple holes from several areas.
The Hope Classic while played at multiple courses are good for spectator events.
Courses which are traditionally tree lined, generally only provide a few viewing spots and require moving to various locations.

If you only want to follow a certain group, then any course is suitable.
The only thing which would hamper trying to follow certain groups or players would be the gallery size.
Typically, early morning is good at events and easier to follow / walk along without gallery traffic jams.