IGNORED

Overrated/Underrated (Golf) Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 1388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Underrated or Overrated #23 - How Much Fans In The Gallery Influence Your Enjoyment Of Watching Golf On TV

This came up in a conversation with my father yesterday. He said he didn't enjoy watching The Charles Schwab at Colonial because their were no fans in attendance. I told him I kind of liked it better. 

Who's right?

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Underrated or Overrated #23 - How Much Fans In The Gallery Influence Your Enjoyment Of Watching Golf On TV

This came up in a conversation with my father yesterday. He said he didn't enjoy watching The Charles Schwab at Colonial because their were no fans in attendance. I told him I kind of liked it better. 

Who's right?

I liked that you could see the course the way it's designed without hordes of people in the way.  And the pros doing fake waves at the non-existent gallery works for me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Who's right?

Overrated. The Charles Schwab was much more enjoyable for me without galleries. Main thing was there was more audible dialog between players/caddies, maybe by design of the production team, or maybe just because the ambient noise lower. Also, no morons yelling bababooey, ham sandwich, mashed potatoes, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Who's right?

Overrated.  I honestly didn't even notice unless it was pointed out by the announcers.

9 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Overrated. The Charles Schwab was much more enjoyable for me without galleries. Main thing was there was more audible dialog between players/caddies, maybe by design of the production team, or maybe just because the ambient noise lower. Also, no morons yelling bababooey, ham sandwich, mashed potatoes, etc.

Ding!

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Overrated. I just want to watch the best play.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Overall definitely overrated. But watching Tiger walk down 18 with the mass following ....that’ll never get old. 

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Who's right?

Overrated. I enjoyed it a little more without the fans, TBH.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Overrated!   I do agree with @Vinsk about the crowds following Tiger on 18.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 3 weeks later...

Overrated. In fact way overrated. I hate hearing the fans yell stupid shit like was already stated. The one that gets me is “get in the hole” and it’s a par 4. I also like to hear the dialogue between caddy and player. I guess that’s why I like the UFC fights without fans also. 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:27 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

Who's right?

I am kinda split on this. For big moments, underrated. For non-big moments overrated. Watching Tiger get his first win back after so many years, and watching the crowd follow him and surround the green was amazing to watch on TV. There is something about being part of a crowd or feeling the energy of crowd. That being said, I love watching the Masters on their internet broadcasting and for the most part you see very little of the crowd and I enjoy it a lot. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 1388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!