IGNORED

2019 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 1465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Could be some interesting scores (low) if the rain comes as predicted. They tried to compensate with plenty of last day pins yesterday. It can still bite though, like Stensons 8! For what it's worth I would like to see Koepka do well, I think he is unjustly overlooked by most pundits, pre tournament, time and again.

9 minutes ago, burr said:

raining buckets at this time, yesterday weather was perfect for all but it's gonna be a long day today.

Looks like the weather is not gonna cooperate much the next few days. Will there be "Monday at the Masters", this year?

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't see anybody withdrawing after shooting a high opener. When was last time someone did or how many times has it happened in past at Masters? See it all the time on regular tour. I'm guessing if someone does this at Masters it might be frowned upon. A call from the Commish maybe?

Again - Tiger and Rory in the last group of the day on Sunday playing their best games.  Is that too much to ask?

Bill - 

• Administrator
12 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Problem is with the rain expected to start tomorrow and continue through Sunday, it will keep this course soft. That will play right into the hands of Koepka and DJ who will just bomb it out there and throw darts at the hole. Not how I like to see Augusta play. I think we all like it when it’s firm and fast.

SubAir

28 minutes ago, Bballref said:

Don't see anybody withdrawing after shooting a high opener. When was last time someone did or how many times has it happened in past at Masters? See it all the time on regular tour. I'm guessing if someone does this at Masters it might be frowned upon. A call from the Commish maybe?

Hmmmmmm.

5 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

Again - Tiger and Rory in the last group of the day on Sunday playing their best games.  Is that too much to ask?

Yes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I may have already said this last year, but the streaming library gets better every year. The ESPN coverage from yesterday's round is available (when did this start again, 2 years ago?) no ads I think, as is anything that streamed live. Also jumping around in a video, the delay isn't too bad. Of course there is the occasional buffering, but so far, it has only buffered for at most a second or too. It's too bad with the great features on the website and app there are no smartphones allowed on the course. On the other hand, I kind of agree with No Laying Up that maybe that's not such a bad thing. Also the video seems sharper than your other golf tournament streams. Hey @iacas, patrons aren't allowed to snooze! Also Instagram Stories. Technology wise, the green jackets are not dinosaurs for the most part - or someone behind the scenes is prodding them.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Well, I'm asking anyway.....

and while I'm at it, I'd like chocolate ice cream to be Keto

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

No twisted ankle this year.

She called me Bruce!

Did not know this.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Did not know this.

How?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

How?

The chair thing, didn't know you could use it to save a spot.

Steve

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

The chair thing, didn't know you could use it to save a spot.

Right. How did you not know that?

They mention it all the time.

Looks like a 7 for Koepka on two. Ouch... 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

4 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Koepka making a mess of 2. Looks like our buddy BDC will have command of the Masters.

Nooooooo!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 1465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!