IGNORED

2019 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 1465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In our law school 3-round Masters snake draft I picked Molinari, Kisner, and Schauffele.  Looks like I did pretty well at the halfway point.  Nonetheless, I hope Tiger wins.

Edited by ncates00

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

26 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

I think him and Molinari are dangerous  this weekend. Could see either of those two winning.

Yeah.  I'm thinking, with weather coming, that the tortoise has an advantage over the hare.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

33 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

I think him and Molinari are dangerous  this weekend. Could see either of those two winning.

No one talking about Day?! Idk why but I like him. Injuries plague him a bit yeah but he has a game when he gets going. Heck bad back and happening before round 1 and he is still tied for the lead.

Rose missing the cut killed my pool. Can’t believe how bad he did this week. My other wildcard pick besides Day is Schauffele and he caught a bit of fire today. Im excited for this weekend.

The only person I’d be ok if they ran away with it would be Tiger. I mean that would be really cool to watch.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

17 minutes ago, phillyk said:

No one talking about Day?! Idk why but I like him. Injuries plague him a bit yeah but he has a game when he gets going. Heck bad back and happening before round 1 and he is still tied for the lead.

Rose missing the cut killed my pool. Can’t believe how bad he did this week. My other wildcard pick besides Day is Schauffele and he caught a bit of fire today. Im excited for this weekend.

The only person I’d be ok if they ran away with it would be Tiger. I mean that would be really cool to watch.

The guy no one is talking about is Justin Harding. I mean come on. There’s the sleeper in all of this. He’s ready to pull a Ben Curtis and leave all the big names in the dust.

After the first round I put money to WIN on Molinari 23:1  Kisner 35:1 DJ 7:1 ..... and for top5 Schauffele 3.25:1

Would be HUGE for Tiger to win ... also both the Aussie boys looking good 

sadly no NZ'er in play

Edited by NZ Golfer

Go Foxy Go

9 hours ago, colin007 said:

Watching some of the replay, the par at 13 really hurt

And the pars at 17...and 18. To be fair, I saw a terribly high number of putts from all manner of players where putts rolled right over painted holes. 

On the flip side he made the bomb on 9 nobody should have made. A two shot gift. If it hadn't gone in he would have been lucky to have a 15 footer for par. Yeah, she taketh some but giveth too/two. 

And then how about this leaderboard??! I mean...damn.

Does anybody have an extra Master's ticket for the weekend?....Anybody? Will do your and your entire family's laundry for a year. Anybody??.... No? (chirp chirp chirp).... ok, alrighty then. Just thought I ask.

• Like 3

Vishal S.

I presume if you look hard enough you will get a chance to see Jeff Knox today - Eddie Pepperell is first off today at 9:05, with a marker

Players play, tough players win!

4 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I presume if you look hard enough you will get a chance to see Jeff Knox today - Eddie Pepperell is first off today at 9:05, with a marker

Yeah that's true. Gotta say I've pretty much had my fill of Knox. Yeah I get it, he's the best golfer on the planet and can beat anybody at Augusta. Heard it a million times. Great. Got it. I'd have much more interest having them choose someone else as a marker and have him caddie for one of the players. His knowledge of the greens would be epic.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Don't know if this has been posted already -- Augusta.com reports  Ian Woosnam has announced that he's done as a Masters competitor.

I'm guessing (mildly and wildly) that Larry Mize, Jose Maria Olazabal, Sandy Lyle and Fred Couples will follow suit -- maybe next year if not this year. As for ageless wonder Bernhard Langer -- who knows?

Edited by Frank-0-Sport

23 minutes ago, Frank-0-Sport said:

Don't know if this has been posted already -- Augusta.com reports  Ian Woosnam has announced that he's done as a Masters competitor.

I'm guessing (mildly and wildly) that Larry Mize, Jose Maria Olazabal, Sandy Lyle and Fred Couples will follow suit -- maybe next year if not this year. As for ageless wonder Bernhard Langer -- who knows?

Freddie and Langer have a while yet. They can still compete. Freddie had a rough year but he'll go to 65. Mize and Sandy are probably done soon. Cabrera and Olazabal seem to have lost their games but they may still tee it up til they're in their 60s since they have the right to.

Rory's window to win may be shut. Had chances to score on the front 9 and instead gave strokes away. Looking at his demeanor, he seems to know he's cooked. Probably the most shocking result of all as I really thought he would be in the hunt. Even after yesterday I thought he'd shoot himself back in contention. But now I think he's finished.

And just as I say that...he bogeys again.

Edited by ChrisP

Damn...every player out is under par for today’s round. This is gonna get nuts!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

19 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

McIlroy is having a rough day.  4 bogies thru 11

Classic case with him where he's trying to force things and second guessing a lot. Long game has been awful by his standards - it's not been the putting this time around - he made a huge putt on four as well. So many mistakes over this year's tournament for him.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 1465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!