IGNORED

2019 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 1438 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Bballref said:

Not sure if many share my sentiment but should a major look as easy as this one did yesterday, despite perfect conditions?

Most courses would prefer to nearly bake out the greens before the tournaments (to make them super firm) but a lot of rain doesn't help that.  But more to your question, for me, I don't care about difficulty that much. I like watching guys go super low at Augusta or anywhere known for typically playing super tough.

I enjoy this West coast super early golf.  The only thing that sucks is that it's too early to have a nice cold one and watch golf. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, RFKFREAK said:

Can't root for Koepka; dude has too many things going for him in life. :-$

One by one, he's making the patrons stop following him.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

What was that Tiger. Didn't even reach the green. Are they guessing on winds up there already?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 minute ago, Zeph said:

What was that Tiger. Didn't even reach the green. Are they guessing on winds up there already?

He reached the green, it just didn't stay on there... :-( 

Tiger's second shot came up short too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Cloudy and raining here in NE Atlanta.  Augusta is about 150 miles east.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Will test his short putting today.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Molinari might be human after all.  Tee shot on #5 might show it. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 minute ago, Binh Nguyen said:

Molinari just doesn’t hit bogey, I’m rooting for Tiger but Molinari is just too consistent.

Hold the phone...

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

FFS...coming up 25yds short on a par 3 you’ve played three times already. How could he be that off!!!? Come on Tiger !!! Today is not the day for ass hat mistakes. Hopefully dead beat Joe will perk up and get things going.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

It seems no one likes the patrons to the right of the No. 5 fairway.

Nevermind, Tiger shows them how it's done.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Definitely don't like the changes to the 5th. It doesn't feel any more interesting, just more of a slog.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

13 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Most courses would prefer to nearly bake out the greens before the tournaments (to make them super firm) but a lot of rain doesn't help that.  But more to your question, for me, I don't care about difficulty that much. I like watching guys go super low at Augusta or anywhere known for typically playing super tough.

I enjoy this West coast super early golf.  The only thing that sucks is that it's too early to have a nice cold one and watch golf. 

As if there is such a thing. :-$

5 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Molinari is playing as if he won 10 of these already. 

Crap bogey on 4 and now his worst nemesis is coming up...the 5th.

Smart move adjusting his game plan and not using driver there.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Looking at that radar, this is going to be such a close call. Not sure they’re going to make it. Question is if get close to the end but the rain comes, whether the rain can stop before sunset and they can finish up.

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

He’ll find a way out.

There are too many guys within striking distance for Molinari to win today by being a par machine today 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 1438 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!