IGNORED

2019 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 1465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First post in awhile.

Had to stop by and see what @colin007 had to say...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't know what to do now... I want more coverage.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

19 minutes ago, Zeph said:

What a tournament. Excitement from start to finish. And they beat the storm. Incredible. 

Too bad he won get the jacket among the fans. Would be more fitting than in a cabin. 

Why don't they do it outdoors anymore?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 minute ago, RFKFREAK said:

They still do it outdoors. May not this year but they usually do. The one in the cabin is for tv. The other is for the patrons.

Edited by ChrisP

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

They still do it outdoors. May not this year but they usually do. The one in the cabin is for tv. The other is for the patrons.

Ah. Didn't know that. Still silly TV is only in the cabin. Most of the fans can only watch on TV. The cabin is cheesy and lacks excitement. The minutes after the winning putt were the good ones.

• Like 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

IIRC, this is the first major he won while trailing after 54 hole!

Congrats to Tiger!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

A lot of big moments today. But I thought the key hole was 7. He had just bogeyed 4 and 5. Thought there was going to be a two shot swing on 6 and he missed a short birdie putt and Molinari made an acrobatic par. Was still 3 down. Then he stuck that shot on 7 and Molinari bogeyed and got within 1. After that it was full steam ahead, despite a hiccup on 10.

The 12th was obviously huge, too. I think everyone thought Molinari still had this until that shot went in the water. That one shot changed the whole script. Other than a brief stint by Cantlay who got the lead with the par-5s, Tiger was in command the rest of the way.

Edited by ChrisP

11 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Just because of weather this year, to get patrons off the course to safety sooner.

- John

4 minutes ago, Yukari said:

IIRC, this is the first major he won while trailing after 54 hole!

Congrats to Tiger!

Exactly right, and that definitely added a little bit to the already special occasion IMO.

First time posting here in a long time! I use to post a lot on a different account but I couldnt get access to it. (Darkhunter139) 

Tiger finally did it again!! So awesome.  Great moment for golf, hope he can get a few more this year! 

Not sure I like his chances at Bethpage even though he won there before. Tough to win two majors in a row. But I think he has a great shot at Pebble. Great course for the veterans. I could see Phil playing well at Pebble, too.

Edited by ChrisP

Well, I was hoping Corey Connors would finish better but what a great day! Must admit I used to have doubts that Tiger would ever win a major again but some great play in 2018 changed that opinion. 

12 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

A lot of big moments today. But I thought the key hole was 7. He had just bogeyed 4 and 5. Thought there was going to be a two shot swing on 6 and he missed a short birdie putt and Molinari made an acrobatic par. Was still 3 down. Then he stuck that shot on 7 and Molinari bogeyed and got within 1. After that it was full steam ahead, despite a hiccup on 10.

The 12th was obviously huge, too. I think everyone thought Molinari still had this until that shot went in the water. That one shot changed the whole script. Other than a brief stint by Cantlay who got the lead with the par-5s, Tiger was in command the rest of the way.

12th was key IMO. Koepka, Poulter, Molinari and Finau all capitulated. Except for Tiger.

I think that hole singlehandedly turned the competition upside down.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Upvote 1

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 1465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!