• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • I went back and rewatched the video and I may have have the Mevo further away than 6ft...I would intuitively think that would decrease the numbers rather than increase them, but I’m no physicist. Again, I’ll look at the set up today. I appreciate your feedback as it’s not something I would’ve bothered to check being a one-time anomaly, but moving forward, you’ve planted the seed for problem solving.  
    • With my standard grip? It wouldn’t surprise me with those “abnormal” ones, but thought I had fixed that issue with normal grip. I’ll check that today. Thanks - it disappointing that one can spend a good amount of time thinking an issue has become a non-issue only to find when it falls off “the radar,” it’s still an issue. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know - I know you guys are gonna be busy this week/weekend and I hope you guys have a lot of fun and laughs. I would love to be there so you could tell me about my grip being super palmy in person 🙂
    • Hey all, new member and new player here, looking for advice on which clubs to carry. I have only played 2 rounds of golf in my life (with a friend's borrowed bag) and have been to the range about a dozen times. Pretty poor player at the moment, I drive around 125, and my mid-irons go around 80-100. My last round of golf I shot a 70 on the front Nine (par 35) Here is my plan for a starter set, let me know what you think (note, these will all be standard height/lie, graphite shaft, and the irons will be "cavity-backed"...except the wedge, which I already had, and is a typical steel/blade construction). -Driver (looking at a higher loft than average, perhaps 12 degrees? I have been using a 10, but I struggle to get it up) -Fairway Wood (again, I'm thinking the higher loft the better, so prob a 7?) -3 Irons (thinking about a 6, 9, and LW.... A 6 because it is the longest I can hit reliably, a LW because it's easiest to hit and ideal for shots near the green,, and a 9 because it's halfway between the 6 and LW) -Putter (just picked up the cheapest one I could find in a local used golf store...also bought a practice putting green off amazon)   Will those 6 clubs be enough to get me through a course? Note I have left off hybrids, I can't seem to hit with them, and do much better with equivalent irons anyway. I'm iffy on the Fairway Wood too, but I figure I need at get comfortable with one because of their utility, and my inability to hit long irons. At some point in the future I will fill in my "iron gaps," but I'm looking for a bare minimum for now.   Thanks for any insight!  
    • Grip looks super palmy again.
    • I used “indoor 6ft” with about 10-12’ from the ball position to the net. Again, all week long (I’ve been borrowing this from a friend) it’s given me more consistent data with smash factors closer to 1.3 with 8-9irons. There may have been something off for that particular set up last night, but really the reason I used it was to document the “carrying distance” for purposes of meeting @iacas’s 85% distance criteria...so “apples to apples” it did what I needed it to do. I’ll set up again today see what kind of numbers I get and see (if it still is giving higher than normal numbers) what needs tweaking. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. cowboydave1967
      cowboydave1967
      (53 years old)
    2. mey123
      mey123
      (33 years old)
    3. obothehobo
      obothehobo
      (24 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...