tosob

Looking for a New Golf Mat

9 posts / 1277 viewsLast Reply

I'm looking for a new golf mat. Anyone have experience with any of these.

fiberbuilt

real feel

true strike

truestrikelogo.jpg

The innovative TrueStrike golf mats that truly reacts like hitting off the fairway, by letting you hit down and through the shot just like on turf

thanks 

Marty

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

2 minutes ago, tosob said:

I'm looking for a new golf mat. Anyone have experience with any of these.

fiberbuilt

real feel

true strike

truestrikelogo.jpg

The innovative TrueStrike golf mats that truly reacts like hitting off the fairway, by letting you hit down and through the shot just like on turf

thanks 

Marty

I have the Real Feel. They are good, but the thickness means you need to get a stance mat or platform to stand on to get level. 

ALLTURF for a somewhat inexpensive mat that is of good quality. I have had one for several years now, leave it outside with no problem. Some will hold a tee. These used to be under the name of Monster Mat, but I think they are the same ones.

I make my own, which is a bowed, thin strip of synthetic turf to hit off of. 

I cut 2,  3" wide strips of plastic out of the side of a round bucket. I glue the two bowed plastic pieces together.  I then glue the turf to the bowed piece of plastic. Being that the strip is bowed, it allows me to hit down on the ball as needed. After each hit, the strip springs back up.  It's good for several hundred full swing, to chip shot hits off of it. Works great when used in conjunction with a net. 

The bucket cost me a $1.99, or less, which provides material for two complete (4 cut outs) strips,  and I can usually find some left over turf pieces at the carpet place for under $10. For $12, it will last for more than a year if consistently used. 

Just a thought. 

14 hours ago, Hacker James said:

ALLTURF for a somewhat inexpensive mat that is of good quality. I have had one for several years now, leave it outside with no problem. Some will hold a tee. These used to be under the name of Monster Mat, but I think they are the same ones.

I got one of these brand mats years ago.  It's amazing.  Feels real, thick, definitely holds a tee (no need for the hole and rubber tee).  I don't know if they are made the same today, though.

This is the one I have -

Amazon.com : All Turf Mats 48" X 60" XL Super Tee Golf Mat - Holds Any Size Wooden Tee : Golf Hitting Mats : Sports & Outdoors

but it was a lot cheaper then

1 hour ago, rehmwa said:

I got one of these brand mats years ago.  It's amazing.  Feels real, thick, definitely holds a tee (no need for the hole and rubber tee).  I don't know if they are made the same today, though.

This is the one I have -

Amazon.com : All Turf Mats 48" X 60" XL Super Tee Golf Mat - Holds Any Size Wooden Tee : Golf Hitting Mats : Sports & Outdoors

but it was a lot cheaper then

yup,appears to be same.  It was called Monster Mat back then. I think I paid around $100 back then, maybe even less. Iv'e cut mine down over the years for various reasons. Now, I think it is 3 x 4.