TheDarkMoonLord

Shorter Rounds?

25 posts / 2114 viewsLast Reply

My local course offers a 10 hole rate (because the 10th is nearer the clubhouse than the 9th) but during summer offer twilight rates for rounds after 3pm. I dont think there is a course i have played that doesn't offer either a 9/10 hole rate. Luckily there are a number of good 9 holers near me so i always have the option.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Although I haven’t taken advantage of it yet, one of our local courses offers a five hole rate called 5 x Fore.

I may start doing that next year occasionally in lieu of hitting the range after work.

Edited by tehuti
Update.

I just downloaded the this app to check it out, not sure anyone has used it, but there are a couple of courses in my area that use this service.  There aren't a lot of courses yet, but maybe if there is a market more courses will opt in?

lomas-14-clear-60_orig.png

Short on time but want to squeeze in some golf? Use eGull Pay, so you play as many holes as you want & only pay for what you played! Try it today!

On 12/15/2018 at 12:24 PM, Don Golfo said:

I remember watching a TV show with Arnold Palmer who suggested that recreational golf clubs should reduce to 12 holes to make a round less demanding on time.  If golf doesn’t change it will eventually die out. Clubs all over the U.K. are struggling with reducing membership numbers and demographics that suggest that 100s of them will be forced to close during the next few years.  People in the 25-45 age demographic barely inhabit lots of clubs these days as they spend their weekends ferrying little Derek to football or little Madison to dancing classes.

That baby boomer cohort was a lot of people. Like us or hate us, we are gonna die. The millennial are they next pig in the python. They won't take up the golf slack for another 20 years. If they ever do. 

Derek and Madison are driving spending right now.

If you live in an area where a lot of golf courses were built in the 80's based on a residential home builders greed, Your gonna be able to get a cheaper rate and faster rounds, until they close for good.

Hourly indoor simulators are gonna be one of the golf waves of the future. An hour at virtual Pebble, with beers with the boys. 

On 12/20/2018 at 8:14 AM, jsgolfer said:

I just downloaded the this app to check it out, not sure anyone has used it, but there are a couple of courses in my area that use this service.  There aren't a lot of courses yet, but maybe if there is a market more courses will opt in?

lomas-14-clear-60_orig.png

Short on time but want to squeeze in some golf? Use eGull Pay, so you play as many holes as you want & only pay for what you played! Try it today!

It may work in some markets.   I don't see it working where I live.    A lot of the courses are out and back without much interaction from other holes.    The 9 hole rate is pretty cheap compared to most places. 

Edited by dennyjones

On 12/15/2018 at 1:58 PM, TheDarkMoonLord said:

I love golf but I don't have the time to play 18 holes over 3 or 4 hours and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

Many golf clubs here will not charge a reduced rate for 9 or 12 holes. You pay for 18 and that's that. 

Isn't it about time golf clubs got with the modern fast paced world and started catering for 9-12 holes I'm sure it would appeal to a much bigger audience and bring new revenue into the dying clubs. 

Thoughts people? 

Is there not anything in your life you can do to free up time. For example, give up work, divorce your partner, or sell the kids on eBay. I think it's time you realise golf is important than most other things 

I play a lot of late afternoons and only have time to play 9-holes about 75% of the time...but you gotta hit it when you can.