IGNORED

Which Club/Equipment Purchase Helped Your Game Overnight?

Note: This thread is 1916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The only purchase that improved my golf was my first set of clubs without which I wouldn’t be playing at all. 😁

No other purchases improved things miraculously. Getting fit helped, but didn’t vastly improve my scores...

Edited by Lihu
Apple changed golf to gold. Alas, I wish they’d do it in real life for me

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Felt a lot more confident on short putts with new putter.  As for my new driver, I didn't really feel that confident with it, until I realized I barely hit a drive off line all day and played the whole round with the same ball.  Even a couple of mis-hits didn't cost more than a little distance. 

@billchao noticed my putter was really light, got a new putter that's around 50-75 grams head heavier and putting stroke was immediately less jabby, less chaos. Much better putting tempo, which had to have translated to more putts made.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

43 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

@billchao noticed my putter was really light, got a new putter that's around 50-75 grams head heavier and putting stroke was immediately less jabby, less chaos. Much better putting tempo, which had to have translated to more putts made.

Bill inspired me to work on getting my putter heavier. I had one newer SC that had adjustable weights, so I got a heavier grip and made the head heavier.

I had an older SC Newport 2.5 with a slotted head that was really light, about 80 grams less than the other SC. I loved that putter because I could aim it well. I finally added some tungsten powder to the shaft and corked it, then got a Super Stroke grip with 50 grams more counter weight. The result was the same weight and swingweight as my other putter. 

I took it to the course in the fall and it felt perfect.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Changed last year from a Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver to Taylor Made M3.

It was not really the club itself that made a huge improvement, but the shaft.   I'm sure I could have put this shaft on the old head and seen the same drastic improvements.   Both distance and consistency are both drastically improved from the new shaft.   Additionally, I have seen incremental consistency improvements from finding the correct weighting with the adjustable weights on the head.   

Anyways, in one season, I increased my strokes gained off the tee from what a 11.9 index should be to what a 5.4 index should be.  an extra 20 yards and twice as many fairways will do that for ya.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

On 1/8/2019 at 2:29 PM, rehmwa said:

rangefinder

Repeating this, but my gps unit really helped me. 

It also was not overnight as it took a few rounds to accumulate hits, but gamegolf helped me get an accurate take on my distances which paired with the Garmin GPs really helped.

I'm really surprised.
Nobody in this post has said "THE HAMMER X" ????

After all, with the Hammer X you will hit the ball, 10, 20 … even 50 yards further!

BOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Designed by legendary club designer Jack Hamm

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

9 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm really surprised.
Nobody in this post has said "THE HAMMER X" ????

After all, with the Hammer X you will hit the ball, 10, 20 … even 50 yards further!

BOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

imageproxy.php?img=&key=26b180e008f40bf0

Designed by legendary club designer Jack Hamm

It should be a site rule that you have to post the infomercial when you talk about the Hammer X:

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

It should be a site rule that you have to post the infomercial when you talk about the Hammer X:

I've probably watched the Hammer X informercial 150 times in my life. Not sure why, but I never tire of it.
I tried to put a link to the Hammer X webpage, the informercial is on there. Not sure if my link didn't work. 

BOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

and don't forget

POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 1916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!