IGNORED

PXG Next Gen Drivers… $575

Note: This thread is 1920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I heard that the PXG next gen drivers for 2019 the PXG 0811X and PXG 0811XF are coming out at a lower price point. 

Only $575.00

Yes, and now that I read it out loud saying "only" before $575.00 seems a little weird. But considering the first PXG driver came out at $950 and last years came out at $875, it does sound kind of … dare I say reasonable? 

I've heard tons about their irons. But I've yet to hear anyone talk about their drivers.... Come to think of it I've not seen anyone play one of their drivers either... hmmm.....

What do you guys think of PXG in general and their drivers specifically? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

What do you guys think of PXG in general and their drivers specifically? 

On their irons? I love them. I got the gen 1's for half price during their sale. Basically $175/club instead of Mizuno's offering that I was considering of $150/club. I have a blended set between the players and extreme forgiveness. They seem pretty forgiving, the feel is great and I love the look of them.

I will hold out until their gen 1 drivers/woods go on sale, then I will consider them along with other manufacturers. I suspect they will go on sale later this year. 

-Jimmy

:nike: VR_S Covert 2.0 Driver, 3W
:pxg: 0311 X (3), 0311 XF (4-6), 0311 (7-PW, 52/56/60)
:titleist: 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport Select Putter

"That tiger ain't go crazy; that tiger went tiger!" - Chris Rock

• iacas changed the title to PXG Next Gen Drivers… $575

I agree, that price sounds reasonable compared to what they have been. It blew me away when I saw the almost 1000.00 driver!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

It sounds almost reasonable enough to buy a whole set...another year or two I might look at this...

8 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

I hope people don't rush out thinking that it's the holy grail of drivers now half price.  

Nah, but they look really 😎 

• Like 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I know there are several guys on here gaming PXG Iron. They are fantastic clubs. Everyone I've talked to loves them. The expense in mostly because of the quality. If you are a serious golfer with some serious extra cash, these might be for you.

They have an incredible discount for military. A friend of mine redid his entire bag excluding putter for about 3k, which is similar to if he went with a Titleist or Ping.

Edited by kpaulhus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

6 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

They have an incredible discount for military. A friend of mine redid his entire bag excluding putter for about 3k, which is similar to if he went with a Titleist or Ping.

Which tells you what their normal, retail mark up is!

10 hours ago, mrjohnsmitt said:

I know there are several guys on here gaming PXG Iron. They are fantastic clubs. Everyone I've talked to loves them. The expense in mostly because of the quality. If you are a serious golfer with some serious extra cash, these might be for you.

Well, to be honest, how many people having spent that kind of money on a set of clubs are going to admit that they don’t like them!  ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

2 hours ago, David in FL said:

Which tells you what their normal, retail mark up is!

Well, to be honest, how many people having spent that kind of money on a set of clubs are going to admit that they don’t like them!  ;-)

But I love my $147 per dozen tees designed by a former NASA engineer!😜

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:52 AM, kpaulhus said:

Does that count for veterans or just active service? I would think just active service, (which they deserve).

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, cooke119 said:

Does that count for veterans or just active service? I would think just active service, (which they deserve). 

https://www.pxg.com/en-us/programs/pxg-for-heroes

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:19 PM, iacas said:

For veterans and first responders as well, pretty nice of them. Looked at the 0811 driver, sixteen movable weights to fine tune the driver. If only my swing were that consistent but for the better players probably good. You'll definitely need a fitting to get the most out of that club I suspect.

Thanks for providing the link. 

somewhat off topic, but close enough...  

2nd swing golf by me in Minnesota current has a couple used sets of PXG gen 1 irons on sale for around $900.   I was in there hitting the tour 3-iron from one of the sets the other day, and I find those clubs to just be absolutely amazing.   

from a nice compact head, you get amazing feel and consistency..   but, the amazing part is that the forgiveness on mishits is absolutely unexpected.   The forgiveness is equal to that of a super oversized game improvement iron.   

in my book, those irons absolutely live up to the hype.   and the Gen 2s are even better.   

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Note: This thread is 1920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!