IGNORED

USGA Looking Into Lucy Li Apple Watch Ad

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1627 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 hours ago, iacas said:

She withdrew from the ANWA citing a thumb injury.

gettyimages-1039933922.jpg?w=640

Augusta National announced that Lucy Li and Alex Melton have withdrawn from the Augusta National Women’s Amateur due to injury. Li, No. 7 in the World Amateur Golf Ranking, was the most recognizabl…

Though I think the chances are very small, there's a chance maybe the USGA gave her a pass on the condition that she doesn't play in this and finds a way to withdraw?

Probably not, but… if so it would have kind have made sense.

Well it would've been quite a disappointment for her had they taken away her amateur status because then she wouldn't have gotten to play Augusta. So I don't see how that does her any good? Hey, we're gonna let you stay as an amateur but you can't play the Augusta tournament? Seems like a no punishment/punishment situation no?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Well it would've been quite a disappointment for her had they taken away her amateur status because then she wouldn't have gotten to play Augusta. So I don't see how that does her any good? Hey, we're gonna let you stay as an amateur but you can't play the Augusta tournament? Seems like a no punishment/punishment situation no?

Because she's still an amateur.

That's a bigger deal than missing one event.

I don't even think that's likely what happened.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 7 months later...
  • Administrator

Lucy Li finished LPGA Q-Series (Q School) with Symetra Tour status, and turned pro. Ho hum. She's 17.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Lucy Li finished LPGA Q-Series (Q School) with Symetra Tour status, and turned pro. Ho hum. She's 17.

Crazy Lucy Li didn't qualify to play Q-Series as she was outside the top 45 and ties in Stage 2 Q school. All players who completed Stage 2 Q school obtained 2020 Symetra status.

I don't think Lucy has grown much in her teens and I think she remains a relatively short hitter which IMO will limit success if she does make it to the LPGA tour......I hope I'm wrong because Li is pretty funny and crazy.

I think Lucy had her 15 minutes of fame from the 2014 USWO....Li remains kinda relevant and in the news because she is Mike "Egghead" Davis's Poster Child....lol.

Hopefully Lucy greased Tim Cook for some under the table payment for the Apple watch commercial.😂

21 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Crazy Lucy Li didn't qualify to play Q-Series as she was outside the top 45 and ties in Stage 2 Q school. All players who completed Stage 2 Q school obtained 2020 Symetra status.

I don't think Lucy has grown much in her teens and I think she remains a relatively short hitter which IMO will limit success if she does make it to the LPGA tour......I hope I'm wrong because Li is pretty funny and crazy.

I think Lucy had her 15 minutes of fame from the 2014 USWO....Li remains kinda relevant and in the news because she is Mike "Egghead" Davis's Poster Child....lol.

Hopefully Lucy greased Tim Cook for some under the table payment for the Apple watch commercial.😂

She qualified to play in the USWO at age 11. Let’s be honest here....if a child can do that..she has what it takes to get to the LPGA. And no, I don’t need to hear how those ladies can run circles around me on the golf course. Yeah, I know that. But 11? She’ll make it.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 11/8/2019 at 12:54 PM, Vinsk said:

She qualified to play in the USWO at age 11. Let’s be honest here....if a child can do that..she has what it takes to get to the LPGA. And no, I don’t need to hear how those ladies can run circles around me on the golf course. Yeah, I know that. But 11? She’ll make it.

No question that Lucy is a talented golfer and it was amazing to qualify for a USWO at 11...I like Crazy Lucy Li.

BUT

There's no guarantee she'll make it onto the LPGA.

Look at Hannah O'Sullivan....former #1 women's Am.....she was runner-up in 2014 and winner in 2015 of the USGA Women's Am...she seemed destined for the LPGA...got some LPGA sponsor invites....had registered for LPGA Q-school and maybe realized after playing some LPGA events didn't have the game to compete....W/D from Q-school...think she maybe had verbally committed to USC or some other school but ended up at Duke.

Seems like her game has completely disappeared....I don't even think she's on the travelling team...in 2 seasons at Duke has only played in 5 events...or at least 5 noted in her bio....with a scoring average of 86 on courses likely not set up at tough as LPGA events.

Hannah is one of many many young teen prodigies (male and female) who all of a sudden lost their mojo.

Golf can be cruel.

O_Sullivan_Hannah_GoDuke.jpg

Hannah O'SullivanPlayer - 2018-19: Competed in three tournaments --The Landfall Tradition, Evans Derby

Edited by Mr22putt

Note: This thread is 1627 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!